f1 2012 sweetfx final

Looking sick on pictures !.... will be testing this
Thank you good sir

EDIT: I just moved all the files to my F1 2012 folder and I get Steam Error Code (41) .... can´t start the game with this FX Fix :(
I tried to remove them and the game started up fine

Looking sick on pictures !.... will be testing this
Thank you good sir

EDIT: I just moved all the files to my F1 2012 folder and I get Steam Error Code (41) .... can´t start the game with this FX Fix :(
I tried to remove them and the game started up fine

Hi m8, Not come across that problem this end and no one else has reported it as yet, do you have anything running in the background like fraps, afterburner?

Edit: just so I'm clear you did drop the files into steamapps/common yea and not direct into f1 2012? stupid question i know but i have to ask :)

In theory, downsampling method has same load and video memory consumption as setting video resolution to (monitor resolution) x (downsampling rate). In general, downsampling is high load method compared to other anti-alias method.

Hi m8, Not come across that problem this end and no one else has reported it as yet, do you have anything running in the background like fraps, afterburner?

Edit: just so I'm clear you did drop the files into steamapps/common yea and not direct into f1 2012? stupid question i know but i have to ask :)

I did copy it into F1 2012 folder since it says in the ReadMe file "Copy and paste all 9 SweetFX files and folders into your F1 2012 directory " :$

I get 9 Files and SweetFX folder which includes Presets and Shaders ... could you tell me where those files go and the folder? ... am I supposed to take the 2 folders (Presets and Shaders) from the SweetFX folder or copy/paste the whole folder?

Peace

In theory, downsampling method has same load and video memory consumption as setting video resolution to (monitor resolution) x (downsampling rate). In general, downsampling is high load method compared to other anti-alias method.

:cry:

Thats what i feared.
Was wondering if i could disable aa and add downsampling at the same performance or even better.
Guess i was looking for too much :rolleyes:

I did copy it into F1 2012 folder since it says in the ReadMe file "Copy and paste all 9 SweetFX files and folders into your F1 2012 directory " :$

I get 9 Files and SweetFX folder which includes Presets and Shaders ... could you tell me where those files go and the folder? ... am I supposed to take the 2 folders (Presets and Shaders) from the SweetFX folder or copy/paste the whole folder?

Peace

Sorry m8 I had to check :) if you placed the files and folder into the steamapps/common you should have all the files in your f1 2012 folder and a seperate folder in the directory for sweetfx shaders, sounds like your there so I'm not sure what the problem is your end

DxBrf.jpg
IH7Lv.jpg
QPsSu.jpg
H2asV.jpg
mGzt5.jpg

sorry keith i have a tv full hd 40' has monitor is possible to downsampling the graphic or maybe can cause bugs or so other to the tv? have 2 gtx 480 in sli as vga thanks for answer

sorry keith i have a tv full hd 40' has monitor is possible to downsampling the graphic or maybe can cause bugs or so other to the tv? have 2 gtx 480 in sli as vga thanks for answer

No from what I've read up it should work fine m8, I'm just sorting out a 42" hd myself so I'll be having a play at some stage to see what its like

No those are the same settings Alexis just some more downsampled shots :) I'm pretty much done with it now from my end, I think its about as good as I'm going to get it or need it to look, I'm looking to finish up my cockpit cams then get down to some racing :)

I think it'd be best if you post the settings (i.e. post the complete setting file through pastebin), this would help a lot of people, Keith. :)

It's not much work to upload the text file altogether just in case - many people would be thankful and I wouldn't mind either.

Keith, whats the resolution you are using? (with the downsampling)

Later i'll try the downsampling with AA and without AA. The in game effects/collor are fine to me. Its a little darker than yours, but most settings are the same.

Would be lovely to get a noob friendly instruction on how to install this :p ... I am new to this MOD thingy and would really like to test this. I think I´m doing everything right but there is no difference at all in my game :$

Peace!

Would be lovely to get a noob friendly instruction on how to install this :p ... I am new to this MOD thingy and would really like to test this. I think I´m doing everything right but there is no difference at all in my game :$

Peace!
yes that would be great , i dont want to try it whitout some ' friendly instructions ' not enought of a computer geek i guess ;):)

Ok lets start with the instructions for SAEVARM3/bporion

Unzip the rar to Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common

Thats the installation done, from there load the game and SweetFX is running, to test the settings in game press scroll lock to switch sweetFX on and off

To change settings window the game using Alt/Enter go to your f1 2012 folder and locate the SweetFX_settings file, double click it to open and edit while the game is windowed, press your pause break key to load the changes and see the difference

To take screen shots, press the Prt Srn button, this will load Bmp files in your f1 2012 folder

To delete locate files you loaded in from the rar and delete matching files in your f1 2012 folder, your game is then back to normal
------------------------------------

Roberto in the last shots I was running 2560x1440, previous shots to those were 1920x1080 I think, play around with different settings and see what you think, I actually gained a few fps using the supersampling over the msaa

-------------------------------------

Nicolas not sure I can help m8, without actully being sat at your system to see whats going on, the best thing I can suggest is to go to that link I gave you and see if anything matches the specs you have

------------------------------------

These are my system and game specs
Amd Phenom dual core 3.3 (opened up to quad core)
4 GB ram
Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1 (32bit)
GTX 460 super overclocked (single dvi)
22" Acer display 16:9 with a native res of 1680x1050
Ingame all settings are high
Current res 2048x1152
refresh rate 60
mutisampling off (testing with SGSSAA)
Vsync off
Aspect ratio 16:9
With MSAAx4 in bench mark running at 2048x1152 im getting 67 fps high, with SGSSAAx4 at the same res 71 fps high
(using Nvidia inspector to change the settings)

--------------------------------------

Tom the settings are in the files I uploaded, the file is called sweetFX_settings, its a text file so easy enough to open up and look at but just to be safe I'll paste them in here as well :)

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
/ Choose effects /
'-----------------------------------------------------------*/
// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_BLOOM 0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR 0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
#define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
#define USE_TONEMAP 1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
#define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_CURVES 1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
#define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
#define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /
#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.13 // (0.08-0.20) Edge detection threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 35 // [0-98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16 // [0-16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 25 // [0-100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.
// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 // 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0 // Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/ LumaSharpen settings /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 0.60 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp 0.035 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035
// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 2 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
// I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 0 // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/ Bloom settings /
#define BloomThreshold 20.25
#define BloomPower 1.35
#define BloomWidth 0.0142
/ HDR settings /
#define HDRPower 0.85 //Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2 0.85 //Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter
/ TECHNICOLOR settings /
#define TechniAmount 0.10
#define TechniPower 4.5
#define redNegativeAmount 0.90
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.90
#define blueNegativeAmount 0.90
/ Cineon DPX settings /
#define Red 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Green 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Blue 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define ColorGamma 2.5 //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
#define DPXSaturation 3.0 //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.
#define RedC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define GreenC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define BlueC 0.34 //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define Blend 0.2 //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.
/ Lift Gamma Gain settings /
#define RGB_Lift float3(0.935, 0.935, 0.935) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gamma float3(0.975, 0.975, 0.975) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gain float3(1.020, 1.020, 1.050) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue
/ Tonemap settings /
#define Gamma 1.00 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones
#define Exposure 0.00 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure
#define Saturation 0.00 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation
#define Bleach 0.00 //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors
#define Defog 0.000 //[1.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
#define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 0.00) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/ Vibrance settings /
#define Vibrance 0.00 //Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/ Curves settings /
#define Curves_contrast 0.20 //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want
// -- Advanced curve settings --
#define Curves_formula 7 //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/ Sepia settings /
#define ColorTone float3(1.12, 0.66, 0.20)
#define SepiaPower 0.00
#define GreyPower 0.0

/ Vignette settings /
#define VignetteRadius 1.05 // lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -1.0 // Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
#define VignetteSlope 8 // How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) // Center of screen for effect.

/ Dither settings /
//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%