F1 2012 F1 2012 Steam problems

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello everyone, sorry if this topic is not on a good place :( and sorry for my bad english xD

Since 1 week, when I play online, I have some Steam disconnections. I can't do a little 25% race online :(
The connection back again after few minutes but that restart every 25 minutes (or something like that)

I don't know why so I try to block every update, do every update but nothing work :(
This morning, I try to delete Steam and install it again but I don't think that will do something :(

If you had this problem, pleeeeeeeeease help me :(
Thanks for read this :)

It's a common problem across many games on Steam I suspect, not just a F1 2012 problem.

One example that crosses my mind is COD Black Ops II. If you lose the Steam connection, even for a few moments, you are kicked out of the game and can't play again until the Steam connection comes back up.

This is why the whole modern system of using matchmaking, p2p, and lobby systems is one big fail.

You would not get these problems with dedicated servers, but what is best for the customer is ignored by the devs/publishers.

In reality, even with dedicated servers, the master server can go down, so that you cannot find a server in a server browser, but in the past you could still directly join a server by IP, as long as you know the IP.

Sorry that this doesn't help you, but as long as you have a stable internet connection, and you can see lobbies and host lobbies (meaning that your correct ports are open), then there is nothing you can do about it in my opinion, apart from disabling any software firewall/virus checker when playing, as a precaution.

F1 2012 is a piece of Junk and Steam makes it imposable to run patches that are not Codemasters. Games Should be on CD so you don't have to go online. I personal y don't race online any way. And Don't intend to. Run Race 07 on steam with patches and mods no problem. SIM BIN is Better than code masters.

There is no difference between Race 07 and F1 2012 on Steam. Both can be modded, and there are no 'patches', that are not Codemasters anyway. Steam automatically applies patches, and you can disable that function if you wish. Steam can also be run in offline mode.

So I don't get your beef with it to be honest.

Race 07 isn't on CD, and you are running it happily on Steam.

• Deleted member 90535

Another person who is trying to compare Race 07 to F1 2012. People will never learn...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 417 39.9%