F1 2012 F1 2012 Review Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I think the one shot qualifying is an awesome addition in terms of multiplayer. I often found the 15 minute sessions in 2011 a bit of a deterrent if I was just trying to do a quick 10 or 20% race. I haven't got a copy yet so forgive me if I'm wrong and it does not exist in multiplayer. Hope it is though :)

The Driving:

My God, what have they done? Even with much more twitchy PC controls, any car just stays glued entering and exiting corners. The visuals show steering is much, much more computer controlled than F1 2011.

Ok, you force me into a secondary point:

Why is driving with a controller made so much more sensitive?

No fun my babe no fun
No fun my babe no fun
No fun to hang around
Feeling that same old way
No fun to hang around
Freaked out for another day

The Driving:

My God, what have they done? Even with much more twitchy PC controls, any car just stays glued entering and exiting corners. The visuals show steering is much, much more computer controlled than F1 2011.

Ok, you force me into a secondary point:

Why is driving with a controller made so much more sensitive?

No fun my babe no fun
No fun my babe no fun
No fun to hang around
Feeling that same old way
No fun to hang around
Freaked out for another day

Glued? You use TC? I made 2-3 spins last night because of game stuttering on exiting a corner. :D

So whats the general consensus, worth getting at all?.

I dont see myself buying it because of the iffy demo handling, poor replays, damage model and no online free practice sessions.

hi guys,
are there any gamer who are as disgusted as me?
first i had a problem with Steam, the game didn't want to install with tu dvd
then i can't change the screen resolution, my screen is a 1680*1050, but the game can't go over 1280*1024 on my computer.
I have an Ati Radeon HD 4770 with the latest drivers.
I hope codemaster will made a patch for this

Sorry for my english

I have finished the free practice for Melbourne and I have to say that I had not enough time to test everything I wanted: tyres, setups... For me, to not have the three free practice sessions is a problem and a big mistake of the developers...
I Agree with this, Why take them away and call it a full race weekend, When it's not!!
When i first started playing 2011 i used to just skip them (which people could still do) because i though they were pointless but since owning the G27 i've been using every minute of them, Testing out different settings, Tyre wear and so on, But now i can't because i have only one hour, Also does't help when the Practice session is wet and its a dry race and qualifying.

Just makes no sense taking them away!.

But my way around this now is when the session is about to finish save all my car setups and restart the session, Annoying but it works.

I Agree with this, Why take them away and call it a full race weekend, When it's not!!
When i first started playing 2011 i used to just skip them (which people could still do) because i though they were pointless but since owning the G27 i've been using every minute of them, Testing out different settings, Tyre wear and so on, But now i can't because i have only one hour, Also does't help when the Practice session is wet and its a dry race and qualifying.

Just makes no sense taking them away!.

But my way around this now is when the session is about to finish save all my car setups and restart the session, Annoying but it works.

Yeah, you have the reason and of course, nothing to say about the possibility of changing the engine... if you change the engine you lose the free practice :thumbsdown: . All of this is an stupid situation. Why you can not change the engine before starting a weekend race, like the real teams do?

I'm still hallucinating with the fact that we have only one free practice session...

I had rain in Bahrain as well - zero grip with wet tyres, zero grip with intermediate tyres. I scratched it since it was Q3 anyway...10th on the grid. °_°

I think theres a problem with quali in the wet. I have no trouble with wet grip in the race, but if its dry one session and then wet the next, quali's a write off. It's ok going wet to dry, but dry to wet is another matter.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%