F1 2012 F1 2012 Review Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Where I am, it's already Monday, can you show it to me?

These guys sent me there ....

doc-and-marty.jpg

:thumbsup:

Excellent, at least its not like we have to wait a few day's. But this review could end up making me want the game even sooner (there are a lot of hours between the 17th and the 20th which is when the game is to be released for me). Anyway, here is what i hope is fixed or different at least.

1. Car not so twitchy (this is a must).
2. Online gameplay made more fun, rammers get banned from online gaming for life (thats something that won't be included i know, but i can still hope).:p

From the demo i can't see anything else that needs to be changed, the AI might be to weak but if they are an improvement on last seasons title then its a step in the right direction and could very well be improved on in a patch at a later date.

So, i was playing the demo today with a G27, and i noticed that every time i was doing a full left or right turn, at the end of the movement the wheel would lose it's weight completely (going very light). Anyone experienced this? It was terrible, and i just want to know if someone else experienced this because i remember back in F1 2011 my experience with this wheel wasn't that great.

Guys & Gals,

I am happy to announce that we have received a review version of F1 2012 The Game (PC) from CodeMasters a few days ago. I have been busy recording videos and taking screenshots ever since. However, any content from this version is still under an embargo, meaning that we can not post anything we have right now but have to wait until the embargo is lifted.

The embargo is scheduled to be lifted on Monday, 17th of September 2012.

The review has been finalized today and will be posted, alongside with lots of screenshots and videos, as early as possible - this means midnight GMT, 1am UK, 2am CET Monday morning. Please keep in mind that I can not answer a lot of questions about the game because of the aforementioned embargo.

All I can say right now is that the demo is merely a taster of things to come. Watch this space!

Tom

Question has Codemasters taken may of the RD's improvement tips for this upcoming title http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/improvement-tips.49424/

can you tell me if the braking is the same? if not, can you tell me if the cockpit view is the same? if not, can you tell me if anything related to the actual gameplay is different than the demo, other than the steering (which i believe will have changed?) :coffee:

It's pretty much the same as F1 2011, physics-wise - the rear can and will go loose quite easily and isn't glued to the track like it is in the demo. Physics aren't as bad as people report it from playing the demo. In fact it's even a bit better than 2011 imho.

1. Car not so twitchy (this is a must).
2. Online gameplay made more fun, rammers get banned from online gaming for life (thats something that won't be included i know, but i can still hope).:p

The cars weren't twitchy at all but I believe that's depending on your wheel settings. I opted to use the ones I had in 2011 (0% for everything except steering linearity on 30%) and it was fine. Online gameplay, I can hardly say anything about it - sorry. :)

So, i was playing the demo today with a G27, and i noticed that every time i was doing a full left or right turn, at the end of the movement the wheel would lose it's weight completely (going very light). Anyone experienced this?

I noticed this, too. I'm using a T500RS F1 and had the exact same issue in some of the chicanes at Interlagos S2.

Question has Codemasters taken many of the RD's improvement tips for this upcoming title http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/improvement-tips.49424/

Some of them, it seems. :)

Not to mention that sometimes it's just IMPOSSIBLE to turn, is this an attempt to reproduce understeer effects? Honestly, i can't believe that's real, it's just stupid at least for me. It doesn't matter if i'm accelerating or breaking, the car just can't turn and it goes on a straight line putting me outside the track (tried it in monza).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back