F1 2012 - Realistic Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i play multiplayer with this mod or should i replace it with the original if i want to play MP?(Steam version of course).By the way it's such a amazing work really.The damage system in this game was so unrealistic and then you made it much better!Really appreciate it !Thank you:).

Nice work Cromiell.

I was curious to see what values you had used so I check them out and realised you have made an error, I only check "Player & AI" and only levels 3,4 and 5 - but the error may appear in a lot more areas if you cut and paste from a faulty version.

You have omitted the value for impact_ai_player_modifier=

Original
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<DamageSettings impact_player_immovable_modifier="0.5" impact_ai_immovable_modifier="0.5" impact_player_player_modifier="0.5" impact_player_ai_modifier="0.5" impact_ai_player_modifier="1.0" impact_ai_ai_modifier="0.5" />

Example of your change (Player & AI, Level 3)
Code:
<DamageSettings impact_player_immovable_modifier="1.5" impact_ai_immovable_modifier="1.5" impact_player_player_modifier="1.5" impact_player_ai_modifier="1.5" impact_ai_player_modifier="impact_ai_ai_modifier" ="1.5" />

Nice work Cromiell.

I was curious to see what values you had used so I check them out and realised you have made an error, I only check "Player & AI" and only levels 3,4 and 5 - but the error may appear in a lot more areas if you cut and paste from a faulty version.

You have omitted the value for impact_ai_player_modifier=

Original
Code:
<DamageSettings impact_player_immovable_modifier="0.5" impact_ai_immovable_modifier="0.5" impact_player_player_modifier="0.5" impact_player_ai_modifier="0.5" impact_ai_player_modifier="1.0" impact_ai_ai_modifier="0.5" />

Example of your change (Player & AI, Level 3)
Code:
<DamageSettings impact_player_immovable_modifier="1.5" impact_ai_immovable_modifier="1.5" impact_player_player_modifier="1.5" impact_player_ai_modifier="1.5" impact_ai_player_modifier="impact_ai_ai_modifier" ="1.5" />

so what do u suggest us to do to correct it? does it change something? thx for pointing it out.
cheers

F1 2012 Realistic Damage v3.0 - Fixes and Updates
First post has been updated.
New version 3.0 + download
Change Log:
  • Omitted tag "impact_ai_player_modifier" has been fixed
  • Omitted values for "impact_ai_player_modifier" for Player, AI, Player & AI have been added
  • Increased the collision sensitivity for immovable objects for every level what should result in more realistic damage for any contacts with walls and barriers or any other circuit objects
  • Changed "impact_player_player_modifier" to 0.5 (may prevent crashing the game when trying to join Multiplayer). However, please note that "Realistic Damage" mod WILL NOT work in Multiplayer. Nor, will any other damage modding. You will be kicked immediately after joining.

EDIT

Ignore the below, I see Cromiell has made all the required changes.

Nice work Cromiell, I was thinking about making the impact with stationary objects higher myself so you must have read my mind ;)

/EDIT

so what do u suggest us to do to correct it? does it change something? thx for pointing it out.
cheers

The normal line reads:
impact_ai_player_modifier="1.0" impact_ai_ai_modifier="0.5"

But the modified one reads:
impact_ai_player_modifier="impact_ai_ai_modifier" ="1.5"

So the value that is missing is the of damage cause to the ai when it hit the player (you). It probably doesn't change much, but not having a value may mean it defaults to "0" or it may default to "1", that I can't answer. Obviously if it's "0" then the AI can ram you all they want and not take damage.... hardly fair ;)

The value should just be the same as the rest of them in that file, which keeps damage the same no matter what you hit.

If you want to play with the figures yourself it's pretty easy, you just need binXML, grab binXML_GUI to make it easier. Convert the xml to txt, edit the values, then convert back to xml.

Awesome mod although I do feel like maybe the damage is a little to over done. I play on intermediate whith HRT I belive I qualified 17 on the first track of season 1 and at the end of the race only 11 racers finished. I don't follow F1 in real life like I use to but isn't that a little much?

I guess its a little too much too. But anyway, theres options to select. :D
Just saying because i hit the wall on Monaco at 40Km/h and lost my front wheel, don't think this would happen to a real F1. Im using mod option 3.
Thanks for the mod, it was really needed.

Got your point. In that i agree but the problem is that wasn't a direct hit, if was going straight to the wall then i would say thats okay, fast enough to smash the front wing and maybe the wheel, but i barely touched the wall. But it really seens the engine problem, i did something similar today and hit the wall twice, the first one got my left suspension, then with the car much slower happened the second hit that just sent my tyre flying away, the suspension was there in the car, but the wheel don't, that was much more realistic than the other hit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%