Misc F1 2012 Realism mod

• Thread starter Deleted member 137812
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 137812

They do different strategies, I noticed Vettel doing 3 stops while Hamilton only did two. This occured on my xbox game too, and that is not modified. ;)

They do different strategies, I noticed Vettel doing 3 stops while Hamilton only did two. This occured on my xbox game too, and that is not modified. ;)

Cool, thanks. So with your mod the AI aren't pitting when they don't need to, they are just on an aggressive strategy? Some AI did 2 stops whilst others did 3 so I suppose it's not just me that managed a 2 stopper.

I think your 75% mod allows more time for these same strategies to play out, without having extra stops which is good. I'll prob use both when I need them.

Love this mod! At first I thought there was a bug in it as whatever session I played the Red Bulls always came out of the pits and just stopped in the middle of track without power but afterwards I saw it was my own fault ^^ Modded your DB so I could start with 3 top teams in Career by switching the IDs of the top teams with the back marker teams and entered a wrong number for RB so the game did not recognize the Red Bulls :p After modifying that everything was just perfect! :D

• Deleted member 137812

hill There still might be a problem with tyre scaling.
Of course, its no problem that RB does 1 stop more than a Mclaren for example because they have fresher tires. The problem here is the stint they drive on the fresher tyre on shorter distances like 75%or even 50%. They wont make a lot of profit out of it because the stints are shorter so they actually lose a lot of time.

I hope my point is clear here hehe :p

hill There still might be a problem with tyre scaling.
Of course, its no problem that RB does 1 stop more than a Mclaren for example because they have fresher tires. The problem here is the stint they drive on the fresher tyre on shorter distances like 75%or even 50%. They wont make a lot of profit out of it because the stints are shorter so they actually lose a lot of time.

I hope my point is clear here hehe :p

Yes some teams are aggressive but have very few laps to make the fresh tyres count, this is why I think your 75% mod works better......more laps in a stint.

Are you going to adjust the values to avoid more stops from some teams?

Demy, I think I have found a way to keep your tyre wear and stop different teams doing an extra stop.

I changed the F1 teams front and rear tyre values to be roughly the same between each team. Some variations like Mercedes hard on the tyre and sauber easy etc, but kept them close enough to mean they run the same strategy and same number of stops.

• Deleted member 137812

Awesome work. Has anybody attempted to use on multiplayer (LAN) if both PC's are using the same file. Or even online if both (all) computers are using the same file?
That still is something I'm wondering if it works. How great would that be?

hill thats very nice I've been thinking about that to but its not on all the tracks that some teams do 3 stops and some do 2. Last night I did Silverstone and they all made 2 stops, except for karthikeyan.

Currently im not improving the system but looking for a way to keep the cars longer on the track after retiring. With this I hope I can help the guys with their progress on the SC mod for even more realism

I thought I wouldn't be lazy and check myself.
I regret to inform that both LAN and Online do not work.
I believe it is the database that is causing the grief - such a shame.

• Deleted member 137812

What are the normal times they drive in Malaysia?

Can you make them faster and make the balance of power on finishing the season?

I can not understand:)
Bots in Malaysia go 1.36.XXX
If you've had that on a standard database that 1.36.XXX

• Deleted member 137812

Realism Mod - 1.4

I've added tyre scaling with correct tyre wear this patch. I also fixed the tyre selection for the Austin an Brazil track according to 2012 season. Another small adjustment is that heavy impact results in terminal damage which make you unable to continue. \n
\n
Have fun! (Hope next patch includes the SC mod a couple of guys are working on)

• Deleted member 137812

That doesnt seem right, did this problem occur before last patch?

theoriginalskunk Will do that and I dont believe you have to start over.

no before it wass all ok

I believe its because of the tyre wear

Cars are just sliding all over the place. I used 75% race and after just 15 laps there were 5 cars on track

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%