Misc F1 2012 Realism mod

• Thread starter Deleted member 137812
  • Start date
I am so confused by the database values for tyre wear. I upped the track_tyre_wear_level to 0.5 so my tyres wear a little harder, which they did, but then the ai stayed out and didn't need to pit :O_o:

What value do I need to change so the player and AI do less stops, so a one stopper is possible on some tracks?

• Deleted member 137812

No problem. Results from Catalunya...

oszuqg.jpg

9r2bec.jpg

I drive 100% races/Intermediate difficulty. It should be noted that Kobayashi in the above race had mechanical problems but still managed to finish as he was near the back from about lap 10 onwards. There may also be a problem with Hamilton. I think that's the 3rd race in a row he failed to finish.
Nice results. how did maldonado and raikonnen retire? maldonado from a crash? And ill look into Hamilton's DNF's

hill Are my tyre wear values wrong?

[USER=112015 said:
hill[/USER] Are my tyre wear values wrong?

No the values seem very close, however I wanted to make my tyres wear a little more so I have to come in when the AI do and also make the races that were one stoppers in RL this year have less stops in the game.

• Deleted member 137812

Hmm ok, I've no idea how to do that. Haven't look into it very much.
Am working on a patch on the mod but its harder than i thought, to much random DNF's

The medium DNF is def best for me.

The tyre strategy does work well. When the AI pit my tyres aren't un driveable, so I can stay out, but the ai are much quicker on fresh tyres so you need to pit to cover them which is cool.

The number of stops is fine. To make this mod perfect, is there a way to make the players tyres wear more without effecting anything else.

I'm going to try changing the tyre wear of all the races to 3 in the track_model because at Silverstone the players tyres wear to a good level.

ello any D, access thank you for this good mode! do I you have a solution for the safety car because? nobody successful Na has to modify it, safety car:thumbsdown: because never leaves if you have a solution that will be super!

• Deleted member 137812

The medium DNF is def best for me.

The tyre strategy does work well. When the AI pit my tyres aren't un driveable, so I can stay out, but the ai are much quicker on fresh tyres so you need to pit to cover them which is cool.

The number of stops is fine. To make this mod perfect, is there a way to make the players tyres wear more without effecting anything else.

I'm going to try changing the tyre wear of all the races to 3 in the track_model because at Silverstone the players tyres wear to a good level.
I think the problem is that when your stints are shorter because of less laps. You have the same tyre wear but just less laps to run on bad tires, that why you feel like they are better.

Hi All.
Firstly thanks Demy for taking your time to sort this mod.
Ok so i have read the thread and i am a little unclear as to which mod to install. are they what they say they are now.
I usuall run 50% distance so which one is for me?

Thanks

• Deleted member 137812

Can i play with this database in career mode?
I dont think so actually, you can try but I don't believe tyre scaling works. The rest of the mod work though to you can do 100%

chris kemp you should install the 50% med DNF files, or if you like a lot of retirements you should install the 50% high DNF files. Check the readme file for further instrucions!

I just want to say thanks again Demy for another great mod. I instaled the 50% high DNF mod, and the tyre scaling and pit stop strategy is just about spot on now.

Just drove a race at Valencia and had my most exciting race on this game yet.

valencia1t.jpg

valencia2x.jpg

As you can see, 4 DNFs, including Schumacher on the final lap. Also, I saw a lot of wings on some corners every few laps, which made a few drivers pit 4 or 5 times. Was the best race I've had yest on F1 2012. I did a 3 stop strategy on Option,Option,Prime,Option and it worked so perfectly that I was able to overtake Hamilton on the 2nd last lap of the race. Hamilton was behind me all race, but was on a 2 stop strategy, so got in front of me after my final stop, but was continuing on his primes, but I was on options and this helped to overtake him and take the lead again. I also had some good battles with Vettel at the start and Alonso and Kimi in the middle of the race. It was exciting the whole race, and I was behind schumacher on my last lap about to lap him, when I see him go straight into the run off area and retire.

It's the best working mod yet for realistic gameplay! Thank you! Now I hope we can get a safety car mod soon, and this game should even more realistic.

• Deleted member 137812

I like to hear that driveroz, but its hard for me to fix the random retirements. When I do short races like 5 laps, I still get Ferrari and Lotus to retire sometimes but they shouldnt. So still a lot of work to do!

does your mod include 50 flashbacks? i have a 50 flashback database which is very helpful for me, i dont want to overide it unless you have more flashbacks or can edit your database to have it

• Deleted member 137812

Realism mod - 1.3

Version 1.3 contains realistic retirements. So an HRT will retire a lot more than a Ferrari. Also I fixed the tyre wear a bit so you can''t hold out any longer on your tires.
I made some other small adjustments that will make the game even better!

cemz85 , it also contains your 50 flashback mod.

Demy, great job so far!!

I installed your mod as your directions said, however when I attempt to open the game it gives me a CTD...it will not go past the load screen. any suggestions?

• Deleted member 137812

twon01 that looks like a misplacement of a file tbh . im not at home yet but il look into it.

thats right cemz everything is med now since that is what a realism mod is about

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back