Resource icon

Misc F1 2012 Realism Enhancer 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Do you know why teams that are the less fast are faster in practices than in qualifications? And cars are often faster in Q2 than in Q3, how can I improve this? (I am on F1 2011 but I've ever seen this kind of problem on F1 2012) :O_o:

I have a problem with the AI in Spa.
The AI's top speed is only about 308 km/h while I reach 325 km/h with default setup.
I already copied the "quick_car_setup" values in the database. Very strange.

Edit: It seems like the AI drivers have default gear ratios on all tracks (I mean stock gear ratios), but the players gear ratios are changed. How can that be?

I have a problem with the AI in Spa.
The AI's top speed is only about 308 km/h while I reach 325 km/h with default setup.
I already copied the "quick_car_setup" values in the database. Very strange.

Edit: It seems like the AI drivers have default gear ratios on all tracks (I mean stock gear ratios), but the players gear ratios are changed. How can that be?

Well, that's with the quick_car_setup. You probably haven't done something properly with that. Re-check everything.

Do you know why teams that are the less fast are faster in practices than in qualifications? And cars are often faster in Q2 than in Q3, how can I improve this? (I am on F1 2011 but I've ever seen this kind of problem on F1 2012) :O_o:

Nope. Haven't even noticed that to be honest. o.O Maybe it's something with the out of sight bug.

And you didn't replace my database?

Are you sure the AI has DRS & is reaching its' top speed?

No I use your Database. Yes I'm very sure. Like I said the player's ratios are 'like it should be'.

In SPA I have a top speed of 325 km/h while the AI reachs 308 km/h. As their Top speed is very low they can't really overtake because they reach top speed even without DRS.

In MONZA I tried something and set my gear ratios like the AI (so the sliders of the gear ratio is in the middle instead of all the way to the right). The result: I have the same top speed like them. We both had DRS and no one had a speed advantage.

You can also tell that they reach the top speed as you can hear it in their engine sounds.

Are there any other files which changes the gear ratios? Seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Maybe you could test it by yourself on Spa (as it is very obvious on that track)?

No I use your Database. Yes I'm very sure. Like I said the player's ratios are 'like it should be'.

In SPA I have a top speed of 325 km/h while the AI reachs 308 km/h. As their Top speed is very low they can't really overtake because they reach top speed even without DRS.

In MONZA I tried something and set my gear ratios like the AI (so the sliders of the gear ratio is in the middle instead of all the way to the right). The result: I have the same top speed like them. We both had DRS and no one had a speed advantage.

You can also tell that they reach the top speed as you can hear it in their engine sounds.

Are there any other files which changes the gear ratios? Seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Maybe you could test it by yourself on Spa (as it is very obvious on that track)?

Yea, I had that one before I changed the database. That's very strange! O.O I don't know why your game doesn't use this for the AI then. And no, I can't think of anything else that the AI can use for their setup.

That's really strange. And I did test. It worked for me.

Are you using F1 2012 + Patch 12. I really can't think of anything that could cause that. This is frustrating. Sorry. :(

Could it be the CFT files?

Very strange but thanks anyway.

Is it right that in the DB quick_setup all gear ratios have the value "1"? I want to fix this problem because otherwhise I think this mod is brilliant :(

The problem isn't in the gear ratios. It's in the car setup the AI uses. I've set the gear ratios to be exactly the same for AI and player. If it bothers you, you can check the final drive on all cars. In "tracks" folder are your cars and in "balanced" folder are the AI cars. You'll see it's the same. =/

You can try and just give them higher final drive, but you'll have to test for every track and bla bla bla which is a very annoying work to do. There must be something else that we're missing. :(

Do you know how I can have performances of GP2 cars?

Edit: I have a second question: what did you modify for Safety Car, because (I am on F1 2011) and AI makes too much mistakes on Monaco track, so I would have previous version of AI Folders, but with your SC mod?

Hi guys. First of all thanks for this awsome mod, it's really fantastic. Just one question:
Can i play with my friend on lan with this mod if he has installed this mod too?

Hi, my name is Laurent, i am a rookie in this game and i have just downloaded your mod which seems great. I have a question : do i need to start a new career or a new season to feel the change or is it immediate ?

Hi, my name is Laurent, i am a rookie in this game and i have just downloaded your mod which seems great. I have a question : do i need to start a new career or a new season to feel the change or is it immediate ?

It is recommended to start a new career. To be honest, I haven't tested if you can do it without that, but I doubt it will work properly. =/

I haven't had any problems with my on-going career since I added this mod, and that was 4-5 races ago.

Well yes, I had one problem: races are freaking harder! :p

I blame Kristian. :barefoot:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back