F1 2012 F1 2012: Patch #5

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
Yup, it's out today on Steam ........

Patch #5 News

Today sees patch #5 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses the following issues:

• Reduced the likelihood of the player getting a penalty when involved in a collision with an AI car.
  • Further reduced the chance of rain for all tracks and greatly reduced it for Sakhir (Bahrain).
  • Fixed Catalunya so that it’s no longer possible to cut corners to gain an advantage. The PC Catalunya Time Trial Leaderboard will be reset after the patch goes live, this will either be done Friday evening or Monday morning (UK time).
  • Fixed an issue where the engine could be damaged or destroyed when using a flashback.
  • Reverted the changes to the force feedback from patch 4. While this improved some wheels, it was to the detriment of others.
  • Added an option to delete profiles.
The fixes listed above and those specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are also being tested and verified on those platforms. As these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

Source: http://community.codemasters.com/t5...sion/Patch-5-News-05-10-12/m-p/109886#U109886

What about that?

They posted it late Friday afternoon ...... then everyone waited for the release that never came .........

On Saturday they apologised for it's failure to release, and said it will now be on Monday

The only people that claimed that they got a different sized exe file, with a patch 4 version number, were a few people who lost patience waiting, and tried to force things by verifying their game cache ......

Those who just waited, with Steam running, got nada.

Yeah, when they verified their game cache, they said that files downloaded, which is normal for Steam if you have missing, corrupted or modded game files.

Nobody has said whether they have any modified files or not.

If a problem occurred fair enough, I don't know what happened, the trouble is nor do they know, they just ASSUMED it was patch 5. Then kick up a fuss about it being withdrawn as a bad patch, make a video and stir the **** a bit more.....

Whatever the truth of it all, CM are stating that it should be out this evening UK time. Actually the word used was 'hoping' not 'should', either way , we shall see ...

I would seem that these patches are not triggering the Steam verify game cache function, so mods are being left untouched, unless one or more of the files are effected by the patches directly.

Unlike other Steams games I have patched in the past ..........

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%