F1 2012 F1 2012 in-game handling is broken?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
A few notes I made while trying the demo:

The car is very twitchy during straight line. Just a very slightly left or right will turn a considerable amount. The turn is not incremental as is in real life with normal cars/karts/etc and as it was in F1 2011 (increasing steering linearity helped a bit, however, in F1 2011 everything was set to 0%)

Car break lock is almost impossible to avoid. When the car is getting to slower than 150km/h the brake will lock almost no matter what, unless you don't brake at all. I can barely feel like I am pressing the brake pedal, and it will lock.

And lastly, as was mentioned, the understeer is really bad. But not only in high speed corners, but also during low speed, under breaking. Abu Dhabi turn 8 or 11, the car will just go straight, unless I come to a ridiculous low speed. The wheels will also lock if I touch the brake pedal the slightest.

All the above, I have compared to F1 2011, which was a big step ahead of F1 2010. However, if things stay like this in the demo, I feel it will be a step backwards from last years (I know they are looking into the understeer).

The above was played with my G27, same settings as I said for F1 2011
G27 settings, as per last years finding of someone in this community:
107% overall effects, 0% spring, damper and centering spring, unchecked enable centering spring. 200° of rotation.

I haven't run the demo today, but yesterday I thought I'd try something different with my G27 wheel, and it wasn't bad in the few laps that I did with the setup, I was surprised, because I decided to ditch that 107% thing and go back to basics.

I am not saying it is great, just that is isn't bad. To be honest I am not going to adjust it for the demo any more, I'll just wait for the full game release.

In the logitech profiler I made a new profile hitting the default button. Then set it as follows :-

Use Special Force Feedback Device Settings - Ticked
All the 1st 4 sliders @ 100%
Enable Centering Spring - Unticked
Use Special Steering Wheel Settings - Ticked
Degrees of Rotation 285 (I was using 345 for a while, in F1 2011 225)
Use Special Game Settings - Ticked
Allow Game to Adjust Settings - Ticked

In the game the 7 sliders are set to :-

The 2% deadzones are not important, just a bit of a habit

Force Feedback :-

Once I defaulted the Logitech Profiler, I thought ...... 'I am never going to be able to turn the wheel with these settings', but it was ok. :)

I played the demo on both console and pc.

Yes the braking lock up was really there, then again, I couldnt exactly have my own car set up.
(lets just hope thats not how the game is)

I'll have a review up as much as 1am CT or after 11am CT, depending what time Steam plans to release it.

I haven't run the demo today, but yesterday I thought I'd try something different with my G27 wheel, and it wasn't bad in the few laps that I did with the setup, I was surprised, because I decided to ditch that 107% thing and go back to basics.

I am not saying it is great, just that is isn't bad. To be honest I am not going to adjust it for the demo any more, I'll just wait for the full game release.

In the logitech profiler I made a new profile hitting the default button. Then set it as follows :-

Use Special Force Feedback Device Settings - Ticked
All the 1st 4 sliders @ 100%
Enable Centering Spring - Unticked
Use Special Steering Wheel Settings - Ticked
Degrees of Rotation 285 (I was using 345 for a while, in F1 2011 225)
Use Special Game Settings - Ticked
Allow Game to Adjust Settings - Ticked

In the game the 7 sliders are set to :-

The 2% deadzones are not important, just a bit of a habit

Force Feedback :-

Once I defaulted the Logitech Profiler, I thought ...... 'I am never going to be able to turn the wheel with these settings', but it was ok. :)

Me too have tried on ps3 and use
steering deadzone 1
steering linearity 30
all others 0
and Force Feedback
with wheel weight set to 0 i was the most satisfied

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%