1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2012 help

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Andrew Ford, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

Just downloaded this on steam - well, last night.

New to pc gaming but found that when i play it, the toolbar is present on the bottom of the screen -it doesn't seem like "full screen" mode. how can i get this please so it's just the game and not part of my desktop?

one other thing. I was driving around catalunya on tt. did a half decent time in sauber. when i drove mclaren it was faster until i got to the hairpin in sector 3. i slowed and couldn't turn the car - the turning arc was ridiculous at low speed and hairpin at monaco is a joke. does anyone know how to get the car to turn on slow tight corners? is it about momentum and load transfer? not sure. i understand that downforce effect is less at low speeds but this was ridiculous lol HELP!

2. This belongs in the General Discussion. Press Alt Enter to go full screen. The understeer is a known issue and not exactly fixable until we get a patch.

• Like Like x 2
  3. The understeer issue is totally fixable, you just can't drive like in F1 2011. Just turn the steering wheel slowly and you're going to be fine...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

i fixed the understeer and feels like f1 2011 steering just with longer brake distance - which is exactly what i wanted. force feedback is also great.

my times are well down on f1 2011. at catalunya i was doing 1.15.8 on xbox tt and on pc did 1.21.3 (18th in world for...maybe a couple of hours?lol) yeah, the wheel is now the correct sensitivity and wheel on screen matches my wheel off screen. happy to inbox you if ur interested in trying.

thanks for responses