F1 2012 F1 2012 - griplevel between PC and console

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys,

i know there was a thread a while ago about a driver named Noble where we discussed his obviously huge amount of grip and downforce he had while driving Codemasters F1 2011 on the Xbox 360 compared to other guys. In this thread, someone threw the question in, if the griplevel between PC and console is different, sadly no one could answer it back then, because most of the guys here driving on PC.

There were discussions about wether or not Noble was using some kind of grip hack bla bla, all that kind of crap, that's where the thread went kind of out of control a bit.

But anyways, i never believed Noble or any other of the Xbox 360 ARL-guys were using hacks. Noble was and is still, one of the fastest driver on the Xbox 360 now in Codemasters F1 2012. If you want to watch his videos, check out his youtube channel.

So, as i said, Noble is a really good driver on the Xbox 360, and i would rate myself a pretty good driver on the PC too. You can check out some of my hotlaps and stuff on my youtube channel, so you'll have kind of a comparision i guess.

Now, to come back to my original question, does anyone here have experience in driving Codemasters F1 2012 on PC AND Xbox 360 or PS3? I basically ask this because i like to watch Noble's videos and sometimes, not always i see a huge gap (about a sec) between his times in qualifying and the times really good PC drivers can do. I basically know a guy who has a good amount of sim racing experience on the PC and is also really really fast at Codemasters F1 2012 on PC and after i sent him Noble's Monaco hotlap he just said to me, Noble has way more grip than you are used to on PC. Another example would be this video. A driver named "TyranoTigger" drives a 1:35.093 in qualifying in Valencia. That time equals about rank #5 on the PC global leaderboard in TT. So he drives this time with fuel and tyre-simulation on and would be about rank #5 on the PC leaderboard against people with fuel and tyre-simulation off. Maybe he is just that good, i don't know, but i would like to hear from a person who has experienced Codemasters F1 2012 on PC and console and also i would like to see some leaderboard times from Xbox 360 so i can compare it to the ones from PC. Maybe we PC-users just suck, who knows. :D

:thumbsup:
so in summary..there must be subtle grip differences but...YOU ARE ALL FASTER THAN ME!

i really believe that aside from any small differences, you would all push each other on either platform and depending on practising, there would be some movement between who wins each race. hell, this has been a great thread but i've aged since it started lol

Thanks for the kind word guys!

Andrew Ford - I tried iRacing a while ago but got quickly bored of constantly losing my SR to assholes. I'm just going to concentrate on F1 2012 on the PC for now :)

are you still going to stay in the xbox league too?
seeing you race on pc would add another dimension to your channel. seems you and the guys are having a little competition there for new ideas on a channel. you need film "matty g in training like rocky" (before a race) to compete with the oz guy lol

i've never tried i-racing. i was offered 3 months free but:
1) not interested in american race series and ovals
2) it's had mixed reviews from :: it's amazing to it's got not feel.
3) it seems it's only selling point is lazer scanned tracks and yet it's a high cost game - when asseto corsar and rfactor 2 are coming out, i think they will have to adapt or we'll see the death of i-racing. i could be wrong.
4) did i say, subscription cost? lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back