1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2012: General Setups Discussion

Discussion in 'F1 2012 Setups' started by Steve Lambert, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Steve Lambert

Steve Lambert
    I hate not getting pole

Please copy the template when replying to each setup thread. Try to put as much information as possible such as TT / GP or online modes / Gaming Platform / Type of controller ie: Wheel, Pad, MS speed wheel etc

Let's try to keep it nice and neat so everyone can find what they are looking for easily.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Plan was to set all threads up today, seems like you were quicker. I've taken the liberty and added an example to your post - thanks Steve. :)
    • Like Like x 3
  3. From my expirience with 2010 and 2011 there is a major difference if a setup is tested on gamepad or wheel. Don't you think it's a good idea when someone posts a setup and specify if he tested it with gamepad or wheel?
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Steve Lambert

Steve Lambert
    I hate not getting pole

Good idea. I have added this now...** above **
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

There is no difference in a setup with pad or wheel lol. So please don't add it to the template.
  6. Steve Lambert

Steve Lambert
    I hate not getting pole

I have no idea really.. lols
  7. I agree, the real difference has been between teams, online, and TT. My friend and I love to race Co-Op mode with Expert settings. We both have wheels and don't use any assists. There is a definite difference in those categories.

Off topic - hat's off to Bram! Your setups have rocked my timings for the past 2 titles and I can't wait to see what they can do in 2012! Thanks for all your contributions!!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hi to all!! :D

It's possible one file excel with all setup?

9. Lazarus, I would suggest to create it yourself.
    Every setup coming out might work for some but not for all. I did it myself, not too difficult! ;)
  10. For f1 2011, i made it ;)
  11. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

Has anyone tried 11/11 arbs and 1/1 11/11 springs for f1 2012?
    Some have slated it but I felt some improved turn in. on some tracks there is a slight bit of oversteer but not too bad...in fact, i find more grip in this came at the rear end generally.

Then again, i'm not as fast as many on this game so maybe it's more of a problem at high speed!
  12. Andrew see my setup for malaysia. 1/1 arbs and 1/1 1/1 springs. (Well not 11/11 but i think what you wanted is too see if a extreme setup would work :p).

But that would only work for a HTR / Marrusia. Dont see that setup working a mclaren. (but for fun im going to try haha).

EDit: I changed anti roll bar. But the suspension still worked fine 1/1/1/1, any change there and you lose time.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hi does anyone know why the g27 wheel is not very good with this game on the ps3,I just can't get around the corners fast at all !!!
  14. Microsoft Xbox360 Wireless FFB wheel settings

Steering DeadZone 2%
    Steering Saturation 0%
    Steering Linearity 47%
    Throttle DeadZone 10%
    Throttle Saturation 0%
    Break Deadzone 0%
    Break Saturation 0%

Force Feedback Options

Environmental Effects 20%
    Feedback Strength 50%
    Wheel Weight 40%

Unfortunately i believe some tinkering needs tbd from track to track:(imo
  15. Hi everyone, i'm really not sure about equal cars, are they equal and can you still improve times in sprint mode by modifying engineer setups. if so, does anyone know a good sprint mode setup that works well. many thanks!!! i work so much at the moment and don't have that extra time to tune cars, i'm sure there's many others on here in my situation.
  16. Guys, what is up with the wing angles? I think I have better grip (and therefore better laptimes) when I set it at 1/1?! And then I set it at 11/1 and there is practically no change in balance at all, and my lap times get slightly worse!

Can anyone explain or at least confirm this?
  17. front wing angle should be affecting the acceleration
    so you get slower speed at straight , not so much change in cornering in 11/1
  18. Well, after trying to find a good setup to race online in Australia... Basically all setups I can find in the forums are TT or Qualifying oriented, this is, to go as fast as possible in one lap. But truth is that they are not so fast in race, which at the end is where we want to go fast.

Could we do something to improve this, as adding an extra line to the template indicating "Fastest lap during race (if applicable)"?

Do you know where I can find good information on how to approach the "parc fermé" problem? I have been searching through forums unsuccessfully...

• Like Like x 1
  19. i know this isnt probably the correct thread to post on but i cant find the right thread to ask questions about the game, but when i select long weekend and full qualifying i only get 1 practice session, any1 else have this problem ?
  20. i tried 11 ARB, 11 springs , 1 and 1 ride hight at bahrain got me into the top ten with a ferrari so wasnt the fastest but hardly any tire screeching. so im guessing as tires are not slipping they should last longer ???