F1 2012 Enhanced Image IQ

Now with your hardware and S.O. i guess its something with Windows 8. Guess that is the problem. Just did a quick search on Google and looks like FXAA+Win8 looks like its not working. My video card is a 560 too, so really this should be something with Win8. :(

Okay, I see what you mean. Indeed more mentions on Steam based games and FXAA. I blame it on steam cause I hate that virus-like program ;) But okay, seriously: a shame it doesn't work. Think I would like the Vivid setting a lot. Did a DirectX check and all is and looks fine there too.
Oh btw, did just see this now: the whole error message is "Cannot initialise graphics. Directx 10 or 11 support is required."

Okay, I see what you mean. Indeed more mentions on Steam based games and FXAA. I blame it on steam cause I hate that virus-like program ;) But okay, seriously: a shame it doesn't work. Think I would like the Vivid setting a lot. Did a DirectX check and all is and looks fine there too.
Oh btw, did just see this now: the whole error message is "Cannot initialise graphics. Directx 10 or 11 support is required."

Yeah, i guess win8 is really the problem. Just a guess, but probably Win8 can't run Dx10, only 11. And i believe that when you use the FXAA it probably forces Dx10. Well, at least FXAA still works on steam, heard that ENB (which in some games its way better than FXAA) needs some fixes to able to run with steam. At least servers doesn't see it as a cheating measure. Well, i haven't seen any reports at least.
You may try to seach the SMAA, its better than FXAA when talking about AA technique, but i don't know if it uses Dx11, and also, im not sure you can add filters like on FXAA. But may be worth a try ;)

Yeah, i guess win8 is really the problem. Just a guess, but probably Win8 can't run Dx10, only 11. And i believe that when you use the FXAA it probably forces Dx10. Well, at least FXAA still works on steam, heard that ENB (which in some games its way better than FXAA) needs some fixes to able to run with steam. At least servers doesn't see it as a cheating measure. Well, i haven't seen any reports at least.
You may try to seach the SMAA, its better than FXAA when talking about AA technique, but i don't know if it uses Dx11, and also, im not sure you can add filters like on FXAA. But may be worth a try ;)

Thanx for the AA tip but for me the standard ingame AA just looks fine. F1 runs nice and smooth on my 27inch screen :p with 60fps with most settings maxed (except the AA). I was just going for your tweak for the color enhancement :)

Thanx for the AA tip but for me the standard ingame AA just looks fine. F1 runs nice and smooth on my 27inch screen :p with 60fps with most settings maxed (except the AA). I was just going for your tweak for the color enhancement :)
I use it mostly for the color enhancement ;)
But regarding the AA, its a good choice to have AA with a very little impact on performace. SMAA is also know by this, good image AA with little to no impact on performance. ENB would be awesome. I don't know if everything could work, but in ENB you can even add some effects like Depht of Field, looks nice, like the original DoF you can see on replays in some tracks like Bahrein and Catalunya.

Hmm any better pic's? They just look the same to me. Cant even see the better AA as all pic's have massive jaggys.
Sorry mate. No pics. Even with best quality pics is not so easy to see the difference. Its clearly visible when in game since you can just press "pause/break" to turn it on/off.
At least for the Vivid profile, you can check the difference on the first pic of the thread. Look at the grass. ;)

Ok i tweaked the shaders for best possible image quallity, looks very realistic.
It looks better ingame than the screenshots
Comparison:

59434885.jpg

36587074.jpg

DW:
http://www.2shared.com/file/tuknZgCS/shaders.html

this mod doesn't work in my game:(
when i want to start the game i have an error which say that this doesn't support directX 10 and 11

please help me:)
Had unistalled some files yesterday and i installed directx today again. It was not working anymore for me.
I installed the Directx SDK and now it works! :D

If you want to use it download the directx SDK - HERE

:thumbsup:

Congratulations guys! Roberto and Dejanibanez! You are really very good! Let me ask you both, you can turn the yellow light in white? Base in the game all the light tends to a yellowish color, I wondered if it was possible to aim the light to white mlle Thanks guys!

Congratulations guys! Roberto and Dejanibanez! You are really very good! Let me ask you both, you can turn the yellow light in white? Base in the game all the light tends to a yellowish color, I wondered if it was possible to aim the light to white mlle Thanks guys!
Hm.... I guess that on the Vivid and Soft profile it tends to white and not yellow. Are you using one of these profiles?

Hm.... I guess that on the Vivid and Soft profile it tends to white and not yellow. Are you using one of these profiles?
I am using the Vivid profile. The work you've done is fantastic. But I think the light in general still tends to yellowish. I think the problem is related to the graphics engine EGO. So I was wondering if it was possible to further increase the quality of light that you've improved with your previous work. Anyway, thanks for the great job.

I am using the Vivid profile. The work you've done is fantastic. But I think the light in general still tends to yellowish. I think the problem is related to the graphics engine EGO. So I was wondering if it was possible to further increase the quality of light that you've improved with your previous work. Anyway, thanks for the great job.
Theres 2 settings you can change to remove this yellowish feel. The problem i remember i found is that if you remove the yellow too much, the image will tend to blue. Looks better overal, but when you see something in a dark color such as black, you will notice that it tends to blue.
Just saw that Ibanez released a new FXAA profile here on RD. I haven't tried it yet to say for sure, but maybe its not much yellow. But its looking great.

If you wanna try to change it i recommend that you try with these settings:
(open injFX_Settings.h with notepad)
Option 1:
#define BlueShift -0.04 - Remove the "-" a try a positive value, i guess something like 0.05 will be enough for you to see the difference

Option 2:

#define redNegativeAmount 0.84 // 1.00 = Max
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.86 // 1.00 = Max
#define blueNegativeAmount 0.86 // 1.00 = Max

You can try to decrease this values. Lower the value stronger the color will be.
:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years