F1 2012 F1 2012 Demo not working with DrectX 10

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi there, my demo will not work with DirectX 10. My OS is Windows Vista 64 bit. My graphics card can run DirectX 10, and I also have 10 installed, but always when I start the game on steam I get a pop up that I atleast need 10 or 11. It's really annoying, because I have the requirements for the game and was really looking forward to play the game. I hope somebody can give me some help, or maybe there´s someone out there with the same problem.

Thx,

I thought Windows 7 was the minimum spec.

Vista is fine, XP isn't supported since XP isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore. Vista will however need Service Pack 2 in order to install the required DirectX version, as described here.

If you did that correctly, the config line described by @Gnu UK should either change automatically or don't matter at all.

I have the same problem when starting F1 2012 "Directx10 or 11 support required" error message but I do have directx11 and when you go to dxdiag it shows that its installed. Also if you look for the hardware_settings_config.xml file it's not there so you cant change that. Is this a Vista problem as this is the second PC I have found the problem on and one has a nVidia card and the other is Radeon. I have also updated the video drivers and SP2 is installed so it should run. F1 2010 and 11 both ran fine it's only F1 2012 demo that doesn't work. Someone must know whats going on and have a fix.
Thx

Again another obstacle between me and fun... This time when I try to install SP2 I get error 80004005. When I close it it returns my pc back too SP1. I hope somebody can help me, maybe Tom Enders it looks like he has some knowledge about this.

So yesterday you're insulting me and now you want me to help? Well, well, well.

Follow the steps outlined here, that's a good start - let us know if it's working.

The above steps didn't fix the issue. I have now tried 3 different vista machines and I get the same error when starting the demo "Directx 10 or 11 support required. All macine are 100% up to date with SP2 and drivers they also have either DX10.1 or 11 installed and this shows up in DXdiag. Tried updating DX and get message thats it's up to date. So whats next ? Does anybody have the demo running on a Vista machine ? Please suggest something that hasn't already been tried. I don't want to upgrade to Win7 just to run this game.

Thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years