Resource icon

Misc F1 2012: 5 Grip Levels 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
For me f1 2012 is better. It's harder to handle it was a challange. Unlike in 2013 where the times were fast as hell and even a 10 years old could drive it perfectly. F1 2013 was to easy. Lot of players became very good at it because it's easy to handle . 2012 in rain was one hell of a challange.
We both have our own opinions ;)

Well there's opinions and opinions, some people are opinionated and some are not opinionated, however as it's only an opinion, I don't really have an opinion on it.

...... Well that's my opinion

:p:whistling:

okay good too hear that :)

Yes, that's another major improvement. When I was driving with my usual All-Assists ON (except Brake), since I don't have a wheel, 'cuz I can't afford one, I kept pace with the AI, but the AI and me always where 3 to 6 seconds slower. I think CM should base their difficulty levels (since they don't want to give us sliders, it seems) on the amount of grip in SP mode, but keep the lap times fast. I buy their games to feel the speed F1 cars ride at, not 95% of it, but 99.9%. If I can't feel that speed after two years of playing in Single-Player and get really upset about it, why should I bother buying their next disappointing product?

Yes, that's another major improvement. When I was driving with my usual All-Assists ON (except Brake), since I don't have a wheel, 'cuz I can't afford one, I kept pace with the AI, but the AI and me always where 3 to 6 seconds slower. I think CM should base their difficulty levels (since they don't want to give us sliders, it seems) on the amount of grip in SP mode, but keep the lap times fast. I buy their games to feel the speed F1 cars ride at, not 95% of it, but 99.9%. If I can't feel that speed after two years of playing in Single-Player and get really upset about it, why should I bother buying their next disappointing product?

yeah ofcourse that's one of the bottom-lines what CM are f***ed up :D

okay after testing with the 30% more grip file i must say the AI is one hell of .... fast ^^:confused: i play on Professional and without helps only line's in corner active with gamepad ^^ for me it's barely driveable but i dont know how many i can risk now on the track cuz i feel like my car have tons of downforce more now ^^funny thing the small teams ^^ last race i made was in Spain and an HRT?! wtf ^^ got on 2nd place:roflmao: :p well maybe i must look into database and modify something ^:cool:^ it's for me harder to drive good enough i think agains the AI and that on professional xD but i think It's an good improovement for the game :thumbsup:

Thanks for this feedback with gamepad @Philipp Koch

> okay after testing with the 30% more grip file i must say the AI is one hell of .... fast ^^:confused:

Yes, that's why I like it now also depending on the other AI mods I use, other cars are more aggressive too.

> i play on Professional and without helps only line's in corner active with gamepad ^^ for me it's barely driveable but i dont know how many i can risk now on the track cuz i feel like my car have tons of downforce more now ^^

Although I also got myself an xbox gamepad for PC recently, I have found can't get used to driving with it (yet). I have mind-2-fingers coordination problems. It's a bit too hard for me to control so I still use my gaming-laptop keyboard (I can't afford a wheel, and have no physical space for one).

Edited to add: Regarding downforce, I can say that, b4 that mod, I always ended up sliding on grass after barely touching the curbs at Turn 01 in Montreal, only to spin out of control and always ending in the pitlane wall :mad: there, no matter the car settings, when all the other cars had zero problems raming those curbs. Maybe it was because I use keyboard but man it gets so frustrating. Now that constant annoyance is gone. Yes the car is a little unstable but I can always recover now (that's where the FUN is IMO).

> funny thing the small teams ^^ last race i made was in Spain and an HRT?! wtf ^^ got on 2nd place:roflmao: :p well maybe i must look into database and modify something ^:cool:^

I modify the track_difficulties table numbers for professional (hard column) by diminishing the values gradually, until the pace & laptimes emulate reality more than ever b4 now. I also installed so many AI mods I can't remember them all, but search for the excellent True to Life AI in the search box (top-right corner). Backup your original files first! Edit: Here's another awesome one:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/f1-2012-realism-enhancer.148/

(realism enhancer includes AI tweaks) but always keep in mind that you can install a new database file, and play with the hard numbers after (may have to restart career, quit to main menu after ydt intro or save your career folders for later restore).

>Thank you! :thumbsup:

Edited once more 'cuz so many different tweaking details: for in relation to my Canada Qualy & 100% Race on page 1, when I finish Q3, b4 doing the race, I have to exit the game, and go back to raise the db numbers 'cuz the overall pace in the 100% race is too slow (all cars have full fuel tanks for 71 laps, but after lowering numbers difficulty for Qualy, I have to raise them back up for 100% race). See how that works 2 each their own.

Last edited:
@Philipp Koch again 4 illustrations of the results of this database numbers changes for race vs. Qualy: Here I had to exit the game, open the database, open the track_difficulties table, and at track 93, add .07 to the hard column number, select another cell and save. Went back launching the game, go to Quick Race, Continue on-going GP (Canada) and set the fuel strategy to aggressive :)

Screenshot17878.jpg

Screenshot18363.jpg

Screenshot21632.jpg

Screenshot25936.jpg

B4 grip+40%, I never had best laptime higher than 1:23 after 4 laps... never in more than 18 months of play... :(

Edit: And after my first pitstop, I ended up having a big fight :) until Vettel passed me on L23/70 (not shown):
Screenshot57188.jpg

Screenshot58370.jpg

Screenshot61706.jpg

Screenshot65876.jpg

Screenshot66723.jpg

Screenshot66723.jpg

Screenshot73474.jpg

We want AI competition, right? A hell of a FIGHT!! And since CM give no sliders in their dull "out-of-sight" default games... we.have.2.do.the.work.ourself. Long time consuming, but how rewarding in FUN. :)

Last edited:
ofcourse :) well only modified today tackdifficulties because the grip is good enough to fight again AI i had this monsterfight in spain the whole race with different cars and it was really fun because there are trying all thing to get passed :D and sometimes they overdoes it and crashed ^^ *one SC in race because Hamilton crashes Koba out xD

and for me it's more competitive right now, well i learn more as i thought how good defens should work :) next race will be Monaco and i'am Excited too see what happens :D

p.s. well i think the postrating can be more then one choose ^^ :D xD

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back