• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Misc F1 2012: 5 Grip Levels 1.0

Enhanced Formula 1 sim-driving experience in Single-Player mode.

1. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255
    Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

F1 2012: 5 GRIP LEVELS - Enhanced Formula 1 sim-driving experience in Single-Player mode.

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,116
    Thanks a lot :) I hated this game just because of that

• Like Like x 1
  3. puffitheone

puffitheone

Ratings:
    +328
    Wow...quick testsession in Bahrain:1.26.xxx,Melbourne 1.20.xxx and last corner now i can go through to the start-finish straight with full throttle,i´m speechless-love it:confused:Thank´s for this.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Philipp Koch

Philipp Koch

Ratings:
    +104
    lol griplevels in original F1 2012 are very good so why this? :D ^^

5. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,116
    If good = CRAP, than yes ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255
    @Milos Ancevski and @puffitheone :))) I only wish I knew about how to use these hex-editing tools a lot earlier (I would have made these mods a lot earlier).

I tried to do them with Ryder's converter, Fergo's binxml, et al, to no avail: the game was always crashing (I know it's not Ryder's fault if CM uses different binary XML for different files).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Philipp Koch

Philipp Koch

Ratings:
    +104
    well i do not have any grip-problems in the game ^^

8. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255
    So? Easy: don't use these mods. I knew these bragging replies were coming (and I don't care). These mods are for those who need them. You don't need them? Good for you. Fine. Now go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,116
    Why would you post these kind of posts on a grip thread. It's like "Thread only for Alonso fans", and you post "I'm a Vettel fan"

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Philipp Koch

Philipp Koch

Ratings:
    +104
    sure or is it not allowed to post an opinion? :O_o:

11. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,116
    That you like the un-modded game? Opinion on the mod, saying is it good/bad, not on the un-modded game ;)

12. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255
    Sure, and I replied with my own opinion. Looks you don't like my opinion?

13. puffitheone

puffitheone

Ratings:
    +328
    I had also no big probs with grip,but now for me i can dirve more agressive on a next high level...and i think the times are not so realistic in real life....but it´s a game so i´ve tried this and i like this.:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,116
    It's like 2011 in terms of grip, but no more stupid un-catchable powerslides

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255
    It's a game, and being such should be for every one buyer FUN to play with. That's why options should be given, in Single-Player Mode, by the devs themselves, not by modders. Maybe they would not lose millions of sales every year like they do...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255
    I never play online, so in SP mode with this mod, I have to adjust the DB's track_difficulties, and track_model grip numbers for P3, Q1, Q2, Q3 and race.

Lot of work, but it's fun. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Philipp Koch

Philipp Koch

Ratings:
    +104
    it doesn't mean anything with like and dislike this mod or the game i't only an opinion nothing more :) ^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255
    Alright, so I apologize for being kinda rude upthread. But I also think it's the devs fault for not giving enough options to lousy drivers like myself. I paid them almost $200 so far for their crap, and still haven't got what I really want...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255
    (Follow up) After fine tuning all the above numbers, along with many awesome AI mods, that's what I really always wanted, and never had b4:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All that (close to RL results!), with default factory settings on the car (47% probs of rain in next day's race, parc fermé).

Edit: Still is about 0.5 sec faster than RL, so a little more fine tuning is required:
    [​IMG]

But I'm not THAT much a perfectionism fanatic! :p
    B4 this mod (grip+40% here), my best hot lap was in the high 1:17, with the 11/11 "bug" and never ever close to RL (when not ending in the pitlane-exit wall...:poop:)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  20. w1n1x

w1n1x

Ratings:
    +1,702
    For me f1 2012 is better. It's harder to handle it was a challange. Unlike in 2013 where the times were fast as hell and even a 10 years old could drive it perfectly. F1 2013 was to easy. Lot of players became very good at it because it's easy to handle . 2012 in rain was one hell of a challange.