F1 2011 F1 2011 Videos

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Do you mean the off-throttle blown diffusers? If so then no none of the cars have it.
What a shame, that sound, although not very nice, is what defines the Renault this year! Here are Codies, banging on about realism, and yet they fail to add a sound. But they have their work cut out in other areas, to be fair. I can imagine RDDev trying to add this in a mod, or a patch from CM (unlikely).
Anyway, I don't think it's specifically the diffuser itself, because I don't hear that sound from the McLaren or Ferrari, and it's there on the RBR but not as much as the Renault. Maybe it's just the proximity of the exhausts.

Adding that sound would just be a waste of space. The off throtle blown diffusers are gone in 2012. anyway so it would not make any sense to add it then remove it the next year. Just enjoy the game when it comes out.

I disagree, the sound is very distinctive and it is in this year. This game is about F1 2011 season, not 2012 season. I can live without it but I think your reasoning is not good about this :) In fact I like that sound and probably others do too, but like it or not that doesn't matter, important thing is it is there in reality and it is a good thing to have it in the game, helps with immersion and is probably not that hard to emulate

Something else that is more important imo - I find the suspension movement to be way off, I think they have overdone it, cars look like buggies almost. Going up and down all the time, rolling to the side too much in the corners, like a boat. F1 cars have suspension movement but they are much stiffer and the travel/rolling is way less. Compare it to a real life onboard video and it is pretty obvious they have overdone it...

Yes, I know I didn't made a good reason but fact is if they put all the sounds from each team that cost them with doing something else. They've put the Safety Car, new AI and all that and putting those sounds could possibly affect all of that. They are limited.

Yeah actually I understand your point better now, it is a good excuse from their standpoint, it something that they can skip cause it won't be in future versions anyway

I am really curious what you guys think about the suspension movements though, isn't it too much? It really changes the nature of driving too at least from what I see, last year it were completely rigid glued to the tracks cars (unreal) and now they went to the opposite direction, buggies on f1 tracks

It's sad that there's so few F1 2011 videos out there where the player actually knows how to drive, drives me up the wall. :eek:

Can't complain, as F1 2011 is looking fantastic. Visually they've really took it up another level from what I've seen of it.

I think you will fine as ppl get better it will end up being like the real thing only the occasional major lock up in a race by each driver, but definately att he start im expecting to have to learn it all over again.

As for the suspension movements take 2010 if you had a really soft suspension the moment was massive so im assuming the videos we have seen have a really soft setup.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%