F1 2011 F1 2011 Videos

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Just a quick comment on the post above, while I agree that I want to see safety cars and DRS in use, the videos do, in fact, show marshals with flags (all I've seen is a local yellow, but it's still exciting to see them waving from the booth).

Watch the right side of the track as he goes down towards the left hander (about 2-3 sec. after the time I linked):

And this, right after the time I linked you can see one waving from the booth on the right side (inside of the corner) just before the driver restarts the race:

Wow man, you have eagle eyes....you're right...and it's awesome the flag marshal waving the flags, really nice...

About the comparison with the real life, the tracks are made at minimum details, I love it, every building, every tree format and positions, everything's in the right place, spectacular!

Some changes and observations to the previous F1 2011 work in progress

KERS graphic is now red
Mini-map displays sector numbers
Mini-map also displays flag warnings
Mini-map shows as red or green for a few seconds depending on if your pace
Sun glare from other cars' mirrors
Smoother/more realistic pit stop action
Glorious AI incidents (from Vettel, who else?!)
AI lock ups and mistakes
AI taking risks
Blistering Tyres
Driver working the gear paddles

The graphics look great, after Shift 2 i was caught thinking, F1 2010 is not that great (graphically), it was just years of rfactor that made me think so.
But this looks truly great.
Some effects might be overdone though (but pretty much every developer can be accused of this, they all want to show off lol).

The "go offline pickup dirt" thing needs to be toned down imo, sometimes the guy isn't even that much off the racing line and the car is picking up dirt (that clears 2s after that).
Also the cars seem much more alive and nervous to the drivers input, and those guys are still far away from the limit.

i hope that this time Codemasters will correct all the errors in F1 2010, with F1 2011. From what i've seen it looks amazing....i can't wait to play it :D...i was wondering....can any of you guys can tell me something about F1 2011 pc system requirements? thanks

i think i'll be getting it too, but first i want to be sure it doesn't have the problems that F1 2010 had...i'm talkin' about the fps drop issues mostly...i hope they will optimise F1 2011 better for pc...ps: I'm a pc gamer :p ......pps: i can't wait to get my hands on my wheel and take the cars out for a spin :D

Minor thing, but one thing annoying me from all the 2011 videos thus far is the way the camera moves when you go through a corner, makes it look as if you are permanently drifting the car through each turn. Also, why the hell is there smoke coming from the tyres when the cars are starting the race?!?!

There is no TV HUD because 1) That's done by LG and they probably couldn't get the license to use that, and 2) It's "Be the driver, Live the life." This means you should see what the driver sees, not what you see on TV. Plus imagine using the T-Cam for instance and you've got all that information on the screen, it would be harder to concentrate on the apex. Look at some of the Rfactor mods, it looks awful for playing and way too cramped. I fail to see how this would mean the game doesn't impress... Seriously seen so many wacky things people have said to why its disappointing, HUD... Slightly shorter career to accomidate all the other stuff people want...Damage model (which in 2010 was far better than any other F1 game so again I fail to see the reason behind the complaints)... and the funniest of all: Helmet shapes.... I guess this is what happens when a game company listens to the community, people should be greatful they do it at all.

I think the TV HUD isn't present, not because the LG license, because you see the logo on the HUD, I think they have the license, in my opinion there isn't a TV HUD by the EGO HUD limitations...comparing the HUDs on GRID, DiRT, F1 2010 & 2011, they aren't soooooooo different (lap gaps, lap, positions, rev meter, etc etc)

I think the new HUD is nice, the colors and the LG logo appearing aproaches to the real TV HUD (in appearance).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%