F1 2011 F1 2011 Videos

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Page 3, post #28, first video and at 4:04 on the timeline ...

F1 2011 WIP Cockpit view shows no rev counter but the rear view shows it just like in F1 2010 ....

Can someone explain why Codies did this this way?

I don't use it all the time but when practicing, sometimes, I would like to see it on my cockpit view!
It does not make sense to me but I'm sure someone will show me the light!

Hmmm,F1 2011 is looking really good!!!

Well in cockpit view you can see the rev counter on the steering wheel, but on rear view you can't.
So logically, it gives you the option of seeing your revs when you're looking behind you.
You don't need it displayed in two places when you're looking forward.

It's on the achievemest list about the safety car however it's also been said if need be they can change them whenever so if they don't get it working before release they'll replace it with something different. Don't mean to be a dream killer but don't get your hopes up for it. Some things point toward a yes answer but nothing is certain as of yet.

Some changes and observations to the previous F1 2011 work in progress

KERS graphic is now red
Mini-map displays sector numbers
Mini-map also displays flag warnings
Mini-map shows as red or green for a few seconds depending on if your pace
Sun glare from other cars' mirrors
Smoother/more realistic pit stop action
Glorious AI incidents (from Vettel, who else?!)
AI lock ups and mistakes
AI taking risks
Blistering Tyres
Driver working the gear paddles

the HUD has changed too...it's more reliable to TV broadcast.

It seems you can be more aggressive on corners without spinning, I liked that. Everybody knows F1 2010, when you attack the chicane you spin easily.

The graphics are still different from the official video and developer diary (i.e. no dynamic shadows projected on objects on cars).

Still no SC laps, the proper safety car, flag marshals and DRS in use.

But I'm linking the WIP progress, I think it will be a nice game...

After catching up on the races this season I started playing 2010 again recently, and now I'm really getting excited for the next installation. Watching a race just makes me want to try out the new rules (and get rid of those god awful shark fins, my season has me driving for STR, and I can't stand to look at it from the side).

Just a quick comment on the post above, while I agree that I want to see safety cars and DRS in use, the videos do, in fact, show marshals with flags (all I've seen is a local yellow, but it's still exciting to see them waving from the booth).

Watch the right side of the track as he goes down towards the left hander (about 2-3 sec. after the time I linked):

And this, right after the time I linked you can see one waving from the booth on the right side (inside of the corner) just before the driver restarts the race:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%