F1 2011 F1 2011 The Game - Three new screenshots

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
We are closely following the E3 for you all and Codemasters just released three new screenshots of their upcoming Formula One title F1 2011 The Game on top of the first images released two days ago. Unfortunately still no pictures of the DRS system at work but we are confident they will surface anytime soon. Click the images to enlarge and post your comments below. Can you figure out the name of the tracks shown?

f12011_2.jpg
f12011_1.jpg
f12011_3.jpg

Stay tuned for more E3 news the coming days here on the frontpage or head over to our F1 2011 - The Game community forums where the debates about the upcoming game have already been going on for the last couple of months.

I have decided to ignore all the pre game hype this year and wait until release to see if i buy. Last years game had flashes of brilliance but was let down badly by the bugs, glitches and other issues that plagued the game.

It will be interesting to see if the game will prove to be a challenge to the player, both in terms of the AI and car handling and how they implement the new features like DRS and KERS.

Will they improve the experience of the race weekend, making practice sessions a vital platform to develop the car and establish things like tyre wear for the race? Can they improve on the rather poor sense of speed that the 2010 version gave?

We all know already that CM are not attempting to create a sim with this game. How far towards making the game user "friendly" they go will probably determine whether i buy of not.

One thing I can see right away is that there are not any dry lines or any lines at all behind the tires. I know that could be a final touch but after getting completely bent over with last years game ( This is how I feel and is my right to feel this way. I purchased the game, played it a couple of times, then the glitched made me not want to compete because the game was ultimately rigged. ) I will have to wait to download it first and if it is ok then buy. Or better yet knowing Codemasters, I will dl it till they come out with their first patch and then buy it since they always seem to release unfinished games ( DiRT3 ).

I can't wait for this personally... I think, personally they SHOULD make it a racing sim.... Most people that buy this game will be hardcore f1fans/diehard racers. I don't think people will buy it as a family game. Therefore personally I think it should be more of a sim... 2010 was FAR to easy in my oppinion, hardest difficulty, placing first in every practice, quali and race (bar 1 or 2 races) and that let the game down for me slightly..

Would be better if they made the game as a sim and added a game mode for future games so they could cater to all, if not what then is the point of having f1 car drivers help? (not sure they have but i'm guessing they have some sort of driver support) a lot of rfactor modders make great mods but have never touched a real car, surely CM then could make it happen. Lets hope they will in the future but its doubt full, in any case i've had a lot of fun with their race games and i'm looking forward to this title, hopefully without paying to beta test this time around.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back