F1 2011 F1 2011 freezes at start of game , then inacessible

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Can someone please help me, i bought the game , installed it, and it worked for one day. After that it gets frozen at the start by(blackscreeb F1 2011,) i cannot uninstall it as when i try to it says not responding and the same for repair, it also refuses to work in safe mode and freezes just at the balck screen as mentioned above, frustrated what should i do?? Please help?

Hi Naim, can you post the error code, & your version of windoze. As a techi I'm sure I can help you with this. Have you tried to delete your save game files also, located in Documents/My Games/FormulaOne2011. Often a corrupt save file can stop F1 from loading [not responding error]. The game will rebuild the autosave by prompt after a succesful boot.

Also make sure any gfx drivers are up to date.

Hi tadhg

i'm naeem's bro.

We have windows xp sp3, the game doesn't post an error code, it just gets stuck at the f1 2011 black screen, from there on you cant even access task manager, you have to manually restart the pc.

I have tried deleting the savegame files, it hasn't worked.

G/card drivers are up to date.

The funny part is we bought the game on sunday, installed it and it was working fine for a few hours, then it suddenly crashed. We re-started the game it worked fine, we then shutdown the computer and after a few hours my bro wanted to play and that's when it got stuck.

The safemode on the game doesn't want to work, it doesn't even want to uninstall.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Yusufh, Can you run 'Dxdiag' in cmd start & check for any anomolies. Also, in your saves folder, right click & copy the file named GTEHXOSJZ_1. Paste it on desktop & rename it GTEHXOSJZ_0. Then copy overwrite the old GTEHXOSJZ_0 with this by placing it back into the directory. You'll then have the two files GTEHXOSJZ_0 and GTEHXOSJZ_1. See if F1 2011 runs now..

Also, you should be able to exit F1 2011 into task manager [or any game frozen on fullscreen for that matter] by keyboarding Ctrl/Alt & Del all at the same time. By a process of elimination we will fix your game. :tongue: Please also check that your audio codecs are up-to-date. These can also cause black screen freezes with new releases & are an often overlooked issue.

HI GUYS

TADHG, WITH REGARDS TO THE DIRECT X FILES, LAST NIGHT I RAN THE TESTS FOR DIRECT 3D AND DRAW, THE DRAW TESTS WERE FINE BUT WHEN RUNNING D3D IN DIRECT X 7,8,9 INTERFACES THE CUBE WAS SPINNING EXTREMELY FAST, WE TRIED RE-INSTALLING DIRECT X 9c WHICH CAME WITH THE F1 2011 DVD, BUT IT DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING.

I TRIED THE CTRL/ALT & DEL TRICK, IT DIDN'T WORK THAT GAME WAS STUCK WITH SOME SERIOUS GLUE LOL.

WE MANAGED TO GET THE GAME WORKING BY SIMPLY DOING A WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE TO AN EARLIER STATE.

THAT ALLOWED THE GAME TO BE WIPED OFF THE PC, WE THEN RE-INSTALLED THE GAME AND THE OFFICIAL PATCH, THE GAME SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE FOR NOW.
TONIGHT I'LL GO HOME AND CHECK IF THE RESTORE MADE ANY CHANGES TO THE DIRECT X FILES AND DO A RE TEST.

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK, REALLY APPRECIATE IT WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED IF WE ENCOUNTER ANY FURTHER PROBLEMS.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%