F1 2011 F1 2011.exe - Nvidia GFWL fix

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
After a few hours I closed my game. When restarting I got the wonderful F1
2011.exe has stopped working. 3 forums and a day later I have so far got it
back. I deleted my profile in Games For Windows Live. GFWL is found in Steam
folder/steamapps/common/f1 2011/GFWL. When you have the GFWL Marketplace open
(and logged in) click on settings, profile management, clear.

Then I downloaded the Beta 285.27 Nvidia drivers. I did not uninstall the
older drivers. I can not say which one fixed the problem but it does now work
as before with no other issues in game. Thanks to all and hope this helps someone else.

Well actualy is the savegames that create the problem, my F1 2011 every two days corrupts my account files, i delete the savegame folder at mydocuments/mygames/f12011 and everything works... So the only thing i do is to have a backup of my files, and replace the bad ones every time the game crashes.. Codies should take a look at that..

Well actualy is the savegames that create the problem, my F1 2011 every two days corrupts my account files, i delete the savegame folder at mydocuments/mygames/f12011 and everything works... So the only thing i do is to have a backup of my files, and replace the bad ones every time the game crashes.. Codies should take a look at that..

I had this crash and the savegame was indeed the culprit for me too. I know nikos_f3n's method worked for me, but it's always good to keep your drivers updated

What Nvidia video card do you have?

I have 2 570s and currently using the 285.27 BETA drivers. Game did crash on me once. After that no more issues. Also make sure you have all steam files validated. maybe your missing something

for example last night the game started but it stayed on the loading screen before the main menu....just loading the whole time. I closed and veryfied files and downloaded about 50MB of missing data.

GeForce GTX 550 Ti (285.27) which is fine for everything else including Crysis 2. I only updated to beta drivers because of this games issues. When the game works it runs fine. With most options on high and no frame rate issues at all. It just seems if I log out it then gives me a F1 2011.exe error untill I find a way to fix it. I get the little Steam box that says 1st time starting, step 1 of 1. I see the splash screen then a black screen untill I Crtl-Alt-Del out of it to see the error. The sound was on software and worked fine. I've done the valadating thing, a lot. I backed up the original files before I even started the game the first time. It seems the only time it has worked I see the full 4 steps of Steam like the first time you start. Do you guys still see 4 steps before it starts to load?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back