F1 2011 F1 2011 - Developer Diary #1 video (merged)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

This is the first dev. diary. It's disappointingly short - but I had a sneaking suspicion that would be the case - not a great deal to go on. The lighting does not look as good as the Race Dev mods, but that could be down to early build.

Why do people want a safety car? More still why on earth is it so important it's a deciding factor in whether you'll buy the game or not? Codemasters couldn't write the pit lane or penalty system properly, but they'll make a SC work? Even if they could, there are still much, much more important things than the SC (which will never be used online anyway) and podium celebrations etc.I'll buy 2011 regardless but I'll be looking for online player profiles and stat records*, replays, spectator modes etc before podium celebrations, parc ferme, SC and hemlemt designs.

*anything more than the irrelivant rank, XP and race wins would be like moving out of the stoneage.

got to agree with you gary, its similar to the addition of the formation lap in 06 championship edition, people were like "ooo, this should make the atmosphere be even better" what happens? after 3 or so races it gets tedious and off it goes, it'll only be the same with the safety car, yes it would be a nice addition but in no way should it be a top priority. im glad to see codies have got their priorities right in sorting out the problems from 2010 first

Well Gary, Im sure somebody mentioned Parc ferme conditions so looking or not it's likely to hit you right after your first qualifying session.
Might be more realistic, but will be a bit of a pain as I like tinkering with my car right up until the race.
I also hate not being able to change your tyres as I would often rather start on primes and run long, but can't because I needed options to get in to a position to make that strategy work. Hope the new tyre and strategy choices make for more use of tactics. It will also have the up side of all but making any pitstop hold ups obsolete.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back