F1 2011 F1 2011 - Developer Diary #1 video (merged)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

This is the first dev. diary. It's disappointingly short - but I had a sneaking suspicion that would be the case - not a great deal to go on. The lighting does not look as good as the Race Dev mods, but that could be down to early build.

I cant wait for 2011. Great video finds.

2010 was great even though ive not touched any mods clocked up a whopping 617 hours now and will still be going strong up to the release date.

Would have given my right arm to get to test 2011.

Judging by previous comments in this thread, it's obvious some people can't read.
"WORK IN PROGRESS" in the videos... I'd be surprised if everything you're complaining about was final.
Also, no game is bug-free. No game.
Until someone either plays the released game or sees the final final final development footage.. I feel all complaints are void

I like it, in this short video you actually get to see the drivers doing opposite lock, Twice!!!!!
That's more than i ever saw in the many hours i've logged of F1 2010.

Indeed, that was the first thing i was looking for. As far as i can judge from the vid it seems that F1 2011 actually has rear wheel driven cars and that oversteer does exist. Although the Ai cars are still way and way to arcade nervous. I dont mind about the graphics, its all about the ingame options and car physics. Lets see if CM has learned...

Listen from 23:37 onwards - and you'll hear F1 2011's true engine audio. ;) Listen to the depth in the sound, the sheer grunt, the 'crackling' sound as downshifts are made - the sound in the dev diary, along with the rest of it, is clearly a very old build.

Nicely noticed, the new engines scream nicely!!!

Indeed, that was the first thing i was looking for. As far as i can judge from the vid it seems that F1 2011 actually has rear wheel driven cars and that oversteer does exist. Although the Ai cars are still way and way to arcade nervous. I dont mind about the graphics, its all about the ingame options and car physics. Lets see if CM has learned...

Agreed, that one moment with Schumacher looked more natural than anything i have experienced with F1 2010.
That looked like a real single seater.
I hope we can make the back end "dance" in this one.

Nowhere in that interview does he confirm its included :/... and in no interview with either developer do they say its confirmed so cant really call them liars..
and simracingworld isnt what codemasters themselves have said, so a small description on an unofficial website is a very small thing to cling to.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back