F1 2011 F1 2011 - Developer Diary #1 video (merged)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

This is the first dev. diary. It's disappointingly short - but I had a sneaking suspicion that would be the case - not a great deal to go on. The lighting does not look as good as the Race Dev mods, but that could be down to early build.

Comparing F1 2011 with F1 2010 was always going to happen, but I find this comparison much more relevant:

schumigame-1.png

That's right: F1 2011 vs real life. Doesn't come off so badly now, does it?

wow game looks like garbage. hire RDDev team please. F1 Challenge (2006) looked and sitll plays a lot more realistic and better than this 2011. In their words "rewritte" game. yes they said it in the video above...what a fail. and people look mor elike polygons...wow what an effort they put. they should have US as feedback not those 4 year olds playing with the assisst on up on youtube.

Sincerely, I'm happy with the "visible" graphic changes...I liked the lights, not "too dark" appearance anymore...I noticed too much bloom effect, but I'm sure RDDev will improve it somehow or other. The driver hands animations are nice! Finally they fixed the shadows, now we can see shadows projected on the mirrors and the car pieces. The cars and tracks seems to be the same quality of F1 2010, very well. It seems the drivability is more fluid, more responsive while you doing a curve.

...But now, let's wait for more videos talking about the new features (safety car, new weather effects, etc etc)...and I hope they made OPTIMIZATIONS for this 2011 game, I'm praying not to have to buy a NASA computer to play the game decently, like the F1 2010 does.:frown::frown:

wow game looks like garbage. hire RDDev team please. F1 Challenge (2006) looked and sitll plays a lot more realistic and better than this 2011. In their words "rewritte" game. yes they said it in the video above...what a fail. and people look mor elike polygons...wow what an effort they put. they should have US as feedback not those 4 year olds playing with the assisst on up on youtube.

That's not what the people (members from the community and not 'four year olds') who have actually played the game are saying - have you played the game? If so, you're entitled to your opinion. If not, how can you possibly tell how the game is going to play from a few tiny snippets? As for the game looking like garbage, well it comes off quite well in the F1 2011 vs real life shot above. ;)

Sincerely, I'm happy with the "visible" graphic changes...I liked the lights, not "too dark" appearance anymore...I noticed too much bloom effect, but I'm sure RDDev will improve it somehow or other. The driver hands animations are nice! Finally they fixed the shadows, now we can see shadows projected on the mirrors and the car pieces. The cars and tracks seems to be the same quality of F1 2010, very well. It seems the drivability is more fluid, more responsive while you doing a curve.

...But now, let's wait for more videos talking about the new features (safety car, new weather effects, etc etc)...and I hope they made OPTIMIZATIONS for this 2011 game, I'm praying not to have to buy a NASA computer to play the game decently, like the F1 2010 does.:frown::frown:

F1 2010 ran flawlessly on my system and I haven't got a supercomputer - midrange at best. ;)

Like the lighting system - 2010 felt too much 'yellow' unless you were driving in rain or night.

Looks more arcadish than 2010 - not saying it is, just that it looks like the footage gameplay has full assists on or something as traction seems corrected so easily.

After all the bugs in the first game, The AI not pitting and just driving around in a big Train.

Codemasters have gone massively downhill over recent years. The Dirt series, this. I wont be buying it;...there just all about advertising, Hype and making a fast dollar.

They still havent patched the game any more to fix the rest of the bugs from the first one and if it wasnt for RDDev and community the first one would be an absolute pile of crap!

Diego Lopez....

TROLOLOLOOOOL:D

It's very hard to say anything at the moment, we need to see more. There are things that I like and things I dont. Cars look much more feisty which I like a lot. The shadows still look too soft (under the car), it makes it look like cars are not fully on the tarmac. Oh and the cam positions look good. I personally looking forward to the new features the most, specially the new tires and racing full distance with them and see how the strategy factor plays out.

Troll much?!..

Really after 5 screenshots and 1 video that's your opinion? Please stop spoiling it for everybody else and just don't respond next time..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 411 40.0%