F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FULL GRID DURING ONLINE QUICK MATCH??? (SPRINT MODE)

I got the game yesterday here in California, and played 10 races but I still only raced 5 users at most! I read in several game sites that F1 2011 would have a 16 car full grid during the online races, in which the available spots would be filled with bots.
Right now, the race will only start with a minimum of 3 racers (my own experience) but that is it, no Bots/AI pilots.

Are you guys getting the same experience.

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-16-f1-2011-review?page=2

"F1 2011's advances feed well into the multiplayer, where AI is less of a concern - eight computer-controlled cars help flesh out the 16-player option, providing a full grid for online racing. Here, without the safety net of the rewind button, mistakes are more cruelly punished, and the tyre management makes F1 2011 a distinctively strategic multiplayer racer. "

Sorry to hear that, I have the G25 and did a 12 lap race on Melbourne and also played other modes. So far, the gears are ok. Will update the post if something like that happens to me.

PS3 with a G25.

I'm losing 7th and 6th gears on Melbourne after a couple of laps in "Proving Grounds." I'll run a couple laps, everything good then all of a sudden I lose 7th and eventually 6th gear.

It can't be my wheel because it's random.

Anyonelse see this?

Loving the game so far. I am actually running clean with TC off and I'm gonna be honest, I kinda feel like a boss.

I wouldn't know anything about multiplayer... because I haven't been able to sustain the connection into the events. Every time I try to join something - "CONNECTION FAILED". The game plays fine in Career/GP/Time trial etc. Will be very annoyed if this continues.

I and a mate had this too - we set up the following port forwarding as recommended for GFWL by MS, and it's worked perfectly over many sessions since:

Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 80.
Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP and TCP port 3074.
Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP port 88
Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP and TCP port 53
Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 443

A static IP is also recommended.

With the onboard realtek HD sound i was having some issues in game with sound cutting out out 20-25 minutes in. This would cause the game to freeze and for FPS to drop. Did not realize that the drivers had a recent update to them . While is not technically a bug it is definitely something everyone should know about!

Something weird with the Pit Crew and their awareness.

I clipped my wing coming in to pit for a scheduled stop. They changed my tires but guess what? They didn't change the wing!

The second I pull out of the pit, I am called back in for the wing. Cost me a podium finish. Gotta be a bug?

Why did they have to change the corner indicators :( Now they are huge and seem to take up the whole track and of no use.

You can change the line indicators to 2D from the Options menu. Default is 3D.

I and a mate had this too - we set up the following port forwarding as recommended for GFWL by MS, and it's worked perfectly over many sessions since:

Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 80.
Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP and TCP port 3074.
Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP port 88
Port forwarding must be enabled on the UDP and TCP port 53
Port forwarding must be enabled on the TCP port 443

A static IP is also recommended.

Thanks for the info but after mapping those ports, the problem still persists.
I can get into spectator mode just fine and I can access GFWL. Achievements work etc.
I just cannot stop losing connections!

Edit: I managed to join some Quick Races after putting my graphics settings on the ultra low preset. Perhaps this was the problem. I need to join more filled races to see if I can handle more players. Max I've managed is 4 others.

From what I've been able to observe, it seems that the AI cars don't pit during wet races. If you go into your pit strategy before a wet race, the recommended strategy is zero stops, even though the inters/wets won't last the whole race. I'm pretty sure this reflects the general AI pit strategy, therefore they don't appear to need to pit. Only had one wet race though so this will need to be confirmed by someone else or myself after another wet race.

I met some problems.
1:I could not open the mirror so I could not see what happened behiend. The mirror was grey all the time.
2:The sound of other players' was too little to heard. I did not know how it fix it.
3:In the cockpit view, the Kers and DRS were not displayed in the right part of the screen while I could see they were displayed in that place in some snippid pictures. I searched all of the options and got nothing.

your kers is displayed on the wheel's led display, the right side one turn K400 and goes down wen kers is activated.

DRS is a little green led below the right side led panel on your wheel, wen its available it shows as green, wen activated OPENED!! its flashes green, wen it is available there is no light.

Can the OP or a mod keep a running tally of the bugs in the first post?

For the guys with controller issues: Does F1 use similar files to keep track of settings like last year? Can you try going to My Documents> My Games> F1 2011 and then making hardware-settings-config.xml read-only (after getting all your settings figured out and saving/exiting)?

I am concerned for this because I use a Logitech DFGT with Fanatec Clubsport Pedals. In F1 2010 I had to use a custom controller setup which meant I had to press enter when I started the game. Really hoping I won't have to redo my settings every time I play :(

For the guys with Crossfire issues: Does crossfire work if you use Radeon Pro to launch the game (using the CF profile for F1 2010)? I think there is a similar program for nvidia users also.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.6%