F1 2011 3D model to F1 2012

I have learnt that using files from f1 2012 to f1 2011 breaks the copyright infringement. How about doing doing it the other way round? Will it still cause any trouble?

I would probably say yes.

Probably the same both ways I would have thought.

Yes, sadly. After all most people wouldn't buy F1 2012 if it'd be possible to get all the new models, tracks etc. for free - we can't be sure about possible legal trouble, so we have to play that one safe. Much like we did when people imported Hockenheim into F1 2011. :)

I see,so what if we just give instruction on the mod..say for example- I release a skin of Ferrari F2008 for F1 2012...those who want to use must own F1 2011 so that he can replace the 3D model by himself and just use the skin i uploaded.

The instructions will include how to replace the 3D models from one game to another.

I see,so what if we just give instruction on the mod..say for example- I release a skin of Ferrari F2008 for F1 2012...those who want to use must own F1 2011 so that he can replace the 3D model by himself and just use the skin i uploaded.

The instructions will include how to replace the 3D models from one game to another.

Wouldn't work since you couldn't be sure people would play by the rules. It's pretty much like having a Torrent site - you can tell people that they're only allowed to download stuff they own but that wouldn't keep the authorities from pursuing you.

Wouldn't work since you couldn't be sure people would play by the rules. It's pretty much like having a Torrent site - you can tell people that they're only allowed to download stuff they own but that wouldn't keep the authorities from pursuing you.
I get it,but if they don't own the game how are they gonna get the 3D models? For 2012 they have the demo to get the files,but for 2011 there isn't any. Unless someone shares original game files.

I get it,but if they don't own the game how are they gonna get the 3D models? For 2012 they have the demo to get the files,but for 2011 there isn't any. Unless someone shares original game files.

And someone will. I have to admit, I uploaded the database.bin on one occasion, too. There's always someone who wants to be helpful and that's a problem in this case.

Rule of thumb: if you need to take a file from one game and merge it into another it's not allowed.

Well, if you want to do something for yourself and yourself only I can hardly stop you. I can only ask you to refrain from posting infringing material on RD, mate. ;)

There isn't or shouldn't be anything wrong with using materials within the same game.

Like re-jigging models and skins etc within the game.

So all your previous work you may have done will not be in vain that way.

On a side note, if you are wanting to use anything done by myself, you haven't contacted me yet. It seems you are intending to release some of my previous work regardless.

Be sure about,i'll be releasing 2006 season for f1 2011...before release i'll contact you about the files i have used...as i still don't have any idea how many of your files i'm gonna use.

Yes guys, it is necessary to look for a way out.
Only I found in game F1 2012 already two skins which are necessary for correcting is Sauber and Force India :rolleyes:

Yeah I know but it's totally stupid to work my *ss off for about a month or two and at the end,do nothing but enjoy myself.

There isn't or shouldn't be anything wrong with using materials within the same game.

Like re-jigging models and skins etc within the game.

So all your previous work you may have done will not be in vain that way.

Indeed but F1 2011 != F1 2012, that's a problem in that regard. :(

I do apologize for the intervention but my belief is that someone who really loves gaming will go out and buy the original game. That's what I did when F1 2011 came out. Now I can't do the same because I'm not able to upgrade my OS due to hardware incompatibilities. My case is one of a few where mods come and fill the gap. Race Department has a superb modding team. I'd like to see guys like Rian Speed or ML2166 continue to share their excellent work with us.On the other hand rules are always rules. I'm not in the position to demand, I'm only suggesting of course.

Thanks in advance for your understanding. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back