F1 2010 F1 2010 Videos

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I thought there was originally a sticky thread for videos but it doesn't show up for me anymore. Either way, sorry if this is a double post but I did a quick check and didn't see it.

Have a look at this - mostly for the stunning visuals. The shot of the Renault pulling out of the garage and the shot two later of Singapore both caught my attention

• Black0ut

Thats no bug. it's just that your lollipop man was waiting for a safe gap to release you, it's what they are supposed to do in real life.

They only need one foot of room for safety. Did you watch the indy oval race the other week? They come out sliding sideways side by side after they pit. Safety < Losing 6 pole positions.

• Black0ut

lol @ Davakos, yah I agree, A lot of drivers coming out with their rear tires inches off another drivers front wing.

My first Career race in the Lotus. With some practice I started at Expert mode. (not that difficult btw with some practice)
Passed into Q3 but crashed during one of my hotlaps. Repairs cost time in the game and so no more time to do a good lap. Starting from P10, but had a fabulous first 2 laps as you see in the video.

damn that was stupidly easy :( What I loved about even F1 2006/CE (PS2/3) was that when I got a Williams or ToroRosso 1 point for 8th place I was ecstatic (On hardest diff). Not just blazing through and taking an unreal victory.

Still getting up extra early on Fri to get it though :p

EDIT: Thanks for the video too Ramon :)

Qualifying 10th does definitely show if it was on Expert.

One thing I wonder about the race though, did you have it on anything less than 100 percent race distance? The reason I ask is because I would assume Codemasters would have something similar to catchup logic in there when racing shorter distances because nobody would want to only race 20 percent of the race if they could only gain one position in the race max (if that makes sense). I wonder if the field is tougher/tighter and more realistic if you play 100 percent to ensure there is no time scaling going on.

This is all theory as I haven't got to a race yet. I just finished my fist practice session last night. I would be curious to know and if anyone else has thoughts on this.

I had it on shorter race, only 15 in stead of 49 if I am correct. But I did not noticed any catch-up. Hamilton drove at the front and only in some corners I was much faster. On the straight I have no change to a Ferrari/Mclaren or similar faster car.

Initially I could only drive around P18 in qualify in my first Grand Prix attempt. But after some practice and setup changes and learning the new layout I could match the top 10 times. For this race P2 finish was possible, but due to 3 or 4 silly mistakes at the end I lost P2 and finished in P3. My first career race and podium, and of course the briefing afterwards :)

So far I love the experience although the driving is totally different from FVA. I will pop up another vid soon.

Interesting you say that... I was initially only able to get to times in around 18th in Practice1 after sitting below Lucas di Grassi in the 23-24 range and then after practice moved up to 15th. That being said, I didn't tweak the setup manually and only switched between two presets.

It seemed for Bahrain, they wanted you to use the more average downforce setup... Although tinkering with the setup is part of the fun, I wonder if limiting the setups to your engineer suggestions will keep your car tuned closer to your opponents and make it more of a challenge.

I don't have a clear picture yet because I haven't qualified and have no idea what the opponent cars fuel loads were like during Practice 1.

Overall, I totally agree with you, the experience is amazing - I just hope that it is a challenge throughout - not just for me, but for all you others on here that are much more experienced sim racers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back