F1 2010: Racing wheel vs. PS3 controller

Hi there,

Can anyone give me an indication of the difference I could expect in time gained or lost per lap using the racing wheel instead of the PS3 controller.

I only have a PS3 controller at the moment but it seems like you have more control with the racing wheel and should gain a few seconds per lap.

Thanks

Can take hours or 3/4 days or anything in between. It all comes down to a moderator being available. It's good to see another PS3 F1 player in the community, just what we need, we are few and far between here. Make sure you keep joining the events hosted in the Racing club once your licence is accepted.

I see you've just got under 1,40,00 in Valencia(from Setups thread), this is Time Trial i presume, keep going, but in GP mode when practising. I remember when I first got my wheel, I was practising Melbourne TT 24/7 and was getting around 1,28/29, i then stopped and moved on, playing the track online a fair bit, but never again in TT I went back to TT the other day, and post something around 1,24 first attempt. As you may or may not no, TT mode is sim-free and the track is fully rubbered in giving 100% grip. If you keep practising under these conditions you'll be pulling your hair out when you move on to GP mode and find yourself spinning 5 times a lap and running off the circuit due to the understeer caused by heavy fuel loads.

Watch Steve Stoop's videos on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cadmuss

You'll learn a lot. I'm coming on leaps and bounds in the past few weeks, as a result of taking a step back, and going to basics rather than carrying on the way I was before. To go back to your Valencia time, online with full simulation I was struggling to get in the 1,45,000s now I can hit 1,41,000s, and soon i'll be cashing Oli(yeah right).

Regarding what you said in you introduction thread about "when i get better at this game I hope to race against all of you" as soon as you have your licence, race against us, nobody will care if you're lapped 3 times(which wont happen), aslong as you race cleanly. I'm still a novice myself mate, as are most on the PS3 due to it being the first F1 game in 5years, so dive in at the deep end.

Using a G27 Oli, with the stock pedals, did you get the Fanatec you said you were thinking of getting?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, my PS3 bit it so i can't play F1 2010 at the moment. I myself was using controller but switched to wheel. I found i was bit more consistant with putting car where i want with wheel. As for time depending on circuit i was 2 to 3 seconds quicker with wheel. It is easier to control launches off start with pedals as well. Was using DFPRO now i have G27.

Upvote 0
Hiroshi when you're up and running again, head over to the F1 2010 racing club, the ps3 community has grown in the last couple of months, and with your support it can continue to expand (do i sound like an Oxfam appeal?)

Upvote 0
Hiroshi when you're up and running again, head over to the F1 2010 racing club, the ps3 community has grown in the last couple of months, and with your support it can continue to expand (do i sound like an Oxfam appeal?)
Thanks Rob i may just do that. I'm really liking the Formula Race Room cars at the moment. It is making me procrastinate in replacing blu ray drive on my PS3.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back