F1 2010 F1 2010 Game is useless

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I could i guess, i have been browsing the racing club forum the last couple days but have yet to find a race that is at a time that is not in the early AM for me :( I cant figure out how the online MP works, whether it will only search for sessions in Australia or whether it will search all session for the game world wide and at the time i try there is noone in the entire world playing the game online, i donno, honestly the online part of the game is a bit of joke for me.
Andrew you are missing out.
I'm doing the RD F1 WC League @ 50% and its awesome. We have two leagues and 15 reserve drivers now.
multiplayer can be so much better than single. I run career mode for interest and use GP mode to do setups and practice for online.
Have a close look at the Club page, once licensed you can start by setting up your own races. You can also promote on Codemasters site.

At the weekend i had a 100% race around Circuit de Catalunya in our forum championship and at the chequered flag bar the race winner that was 20 seconds up the road 2nd 3rd and 4th was all within 10 seconds of each other. This was even with a downpour for the last 10 laps.

Was great.. one of the most un-useless games ive ever come across. *It even made the Spanish GP an exciting experiance.. i mean whats that all about.

*That said 2011's F1 Spanish GP was great...for once.

I can understand your frustration, for me the most enjoyable part of the game is the online play. Saying that, I do think the online lobby system is still very poor and playing outside of European day/evening times is almost impossible. I've tried getting a game past 2am gmt and had to give up due to waiting too long.

What's the point having so much content if driving the cars is so insultingly unrealistic.

No physics to speak of.

It's closer to driving a 1 Litre Hatchback around town at 30MPH than driving an F1 car.

Turn off TC, floor the throttle in 1st Gear. What do you get? No wheelspin. WTF.

Even Super Mario Kart has more realistic driving physics.

/

Yes, the graphics are nice - but who cares.

Graphics aren't important, and should be secondary to gameplay in the developers mind for any game.

/

You would expect F1 2010 to be part of the DRIVING Genre

It is not.

It belongs in a games arcade, next to an air hockey table, and Time Crisis.

/

Long live rFactor and rFactor 2 - at least they are driving games that can realistically simulate F1.

Wow, how you manage to floor the throttle without wheelspin?

I can get wheelspin even through normal corners. Like the last turn in Australia. Turn 3 in Catalunya & etc... As Andrew Botz mentioned, either you have a godly made throttle or something is wrong with it.

At launch, flooring the throttle immediately after the light goes green is almost a 100% wheelspin.

Seriously where did you get that from? Or are we talking about the same game?

What's the point having so much content if driving the cars is so insultingly unrealistic.

No physics to speak of.

It's closer to driving a 1 Litre Hatchback around town at 30MPH than driving an F1 car.

Turn off TC, floor the throttle in 1st Gear. What do you get? No wheelspin. WTF.

/

Graphics aren't important, and should be secondary to gameplay in the developers mind for any game.

/

It is not.

/

Long live rFactor and rFactor 2 - at least they are driving games that can realistically simulate F1.

From what you quoted, i believe we're talking about different game. Seriously i had no idea how you pulled that off if we are talking about the same game.

Are you absolutely sure you got the difficulty setting correct?

No physics to speak of.

/

/

It is not.

/

I have to say I dont recognise any of your observations.

If your getting no wheelspin there is clearly something wrong with your setup.

Bad Physics can't defy Physics

So: If the Physics model is soooo bad.
How has the Game managed to be very close to real life lap times?
Acceleration, braking and cornering produce the lap time no?
Surely some of them must be realistic or we would be smashing real world times?
Or am I missing something?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back