F1 2010 F1 2010 Final Developer Diary

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
Here is the final developer's diary of Codemaster's upcoming F1 2010 Video Game for PC/Xbox 360/PS3.

In this video, we learn the depth of career mode. And some more various details. Such as pitcrew animations, paddock atmosphere and driver's celebration after a podium finish.

F1 2010 The game will be released in September 2010 on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows platforms. The game engine is based on the new EGO 2.0 engine.

Kudos for erazerSwe for the tip about this final video!

Finally, finally, finally some decent pitcrew animations in a race game! I am really impressed with all the secondary elements in this game. The pit, the box, press conferences.. Really well thought by Codies!! :thumb:

Looks fantastic! I like RPG games and Racing games so this is the combi of those 2!!!!

Yea thought they'd be a dev diary on Damage, only bit we've seen in a Force India knocking its Endplate off and a little bit of FW. Apparently though there will be more cosmetic damage (I imagine the usual, FW, RW, Wheels maybe bargeboards or sidepods).

#1 I hope that the comment that "the car is already setup for you, and the driver just gets to make finer adjustment to suit" is only in career mode! I would hate to have a potential #1 physic spec'd game limited in adjustment "in garage"... But, if it is semi locked, then the racing will be down to the driver and not the setup... so it can work both ways...

#2 I wonder if they have setup a career mode in MP?

Günthar Rowe;576556 said:
#1 I hope that the comment that "the car is already setup for you, and the driver just gets to make finer adjustment to suit" is only in career mode! I would hate to have a potential #1 physic spec'd game limited in adjustment "in garage"... But, if it is semi locked, then the racing will be down to the driver and not the setup... so it can work both ways...

Looking at the screens I think they mean you are given a good setup for each track so should only need to make small adjustments. You can make large adjustments but it wouldn't be sensible. Having said that the number of setup options is not as wide as in traditional sims. If you want to independently adjust high speed rebound damping then I don't think this is the game for you. And while I am not as sceptical as some, I don't think it will be a potential #1 physic spec'd game. Codies are aiming to be far more realistic than say Dirt2 but they are not trying to compete with iRacing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%