1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2010 Final Developer Diary

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Omer Said, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Here is the final developer's diary of Codemaster's upcoming F1 2010 Video Game for PC/Xbox 360/PS3.

In this video, we learn the depth of career mode. And some more various details. Such as pitcrew animations, paddock atmosphere and driver's celebration after a podium finish.

F1 2010 The game will be released in September 2010 on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows platforms. The game engine is based on the new EGO 2.0 engine.

Kudos for erazerSwe for the tip about this final video!

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Finally, finally, finally some decent pitcrew animations in a race game! I am really impressed with all the secondary elements in this game. The pit, the box, press conferences.. Really well thought by Codies!! :thumb:

3. Omer Said

Omer Said

Impressive! So much impressive! Those paddock and garage simulations, at last will feel like a driver.

But why there is not a single video or screenshot which shows the damage ???? :(

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Maybe the real F1 teams don't want their cars to end up as damage models in videos :) ?

I am curious if team orders are supported in this game.

5. Another interesting clip i found.
    F1 2010 E3 built vs Real F1 09 SPA

6. Omer Said

Omer Said

@Bram, i saw your question's answer on Stephen Hood's (game's maker) twitter. He said 'no' :( would be interesting :D

Thanks erazer !!! :), they improved a lot nice.

7. Looks fantastic! I like RPG games and Racing games so this is the combi of those 2!!!!

Yea thought they'd be a dev diary on Damage, only bit we've seen in a Force India knocking its Endplate off and a little bit of FW. Apparently though there will be more cosmetic damage (I imagine the usual, FW, RW, Wheels maybe bargeboards or sidepods).

8. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

that vid of the 2 laps side-by-side just made me realise they don't have any of the F1 overlays in there. :(

9. no, shame, just have generic racing/grid style but white HUD

10. #1 I hope that the comment that "the car is already setup for you, and the driver just gets to make finer adjustment to suit" is only in career mode! I would hate to have a potential #1 physic spec'd game limited in adjustment "in garage"... But, if it is semi locked, then the racing will be down to the driver and not the setup... so it can work both ways...

#2 I wonder if they have setup a career mode in MP?

11. Looking at the screens I think they mean you are given a good setup for each track so should only need to make small adjustments. You can make large adjustments but it wouldn't be sensible. Having said that the number of setup options is not as wide as in traditional sims. If you want to independently adjust high speed rebound damping then I don't think this is the game for you. And while I am not as sceptical as some, I don't think it will be a potential #1 physic spec'd game. Codies are aiming to be far more realistic than say Dirt2 but they are not trying to compete with iRacing.

12. the "#1 physics spec'd game" was 50% joke ;) But, if the game is open ended enough to mod it, then we can fix this, we really need a good game engine and feature set to start on ... :)

13. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I like the way you comment reads there Gunthar :) but I get the feeling they won't make modding easy :(

14. DPM

DPM

There is just posted on youtube on the 20th.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB-OGG1IP9I