F1 2010 F1 2010 doesn't look that promising to me

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
If I am going ot give my personal Opinion I dont think the F1 2010 looks that promising because it looks more like the NFS Shift.
It's like if Codemasters are trying to make a box look so awesome but what is inside is average or crappy.

I realy hope they will make a proper F1 simulator because it's a bit meaning less to have a former F1 test driver if you are not going ot make a proper simulator. If the F1 test driver (wich name I dont rimember) would move to ISI they would be making one heck of a simulator.

But lets hope this game will be better then expected.

I you have read the part. Where in video games, they cannot sim full damage, because of most manufacturer restrictions. I believe hitting the dirt and race over would fall into the same category. They cannot allow the cars to stop moving. I would like to see a car destroyed!

i´ve already read this but if you wanna drive a simulation you need to know that if you make one mistake the race could be done... or you loose many positions. If you know, that a little dirt tour does nothing to your race results, you dont have a real race feeling.

I´m not simulation fanatic, i love FORZA 3 for example, but this is a little bit to much of race driver grid ;)

F1 sims mods on PC do get it wrong because they make it harder than REAL F1 cars.

As I keep pointing out, in a real car you can 'feel' when the grip is going to give out.

You can use the slight change in G-Force, instantly detected by your brain/body, to correct things - we get none of that in a PC sim.

Even the (very expensive) rigs that move the seat around cannot reproduce G-Forces, they just shift your body weight around - not the same thing at all.

But you get no G-Force from it, just weight shifts.

It's hard to explain unless you've been in a real race car and pushed it to the limit of grip (any race car - doesn't have to be an open wheeler).

Your inner ear detects the amount of force being exerted on your body by the car turning the corner. Once the car reaches the limit of grip, your lower body( 'arse' as I call it) can feel the car start to have a slight sideways movement at the rear, moving towards oversteer.

At the moment that grip 'lets go' and the back end starts to step out, your inner ear canal instantly detects that change in force and your brain signals your hands to correct it at the steering wheel/pedals.

Without that g-force input, you are always going to be late correcting that slide. You will still correct it, but the back end will step out a little before you can stop it - in an F1 car, that usually means a spin :)

Well you don't even have to be in a race car, any car will do. Just take a turn a little too hard and feel what it does to you (at your own risk :D).

Years ago when I had my first car just a couple of days I remember taking a highway exit that didn't have a sign '50' where it should. I entered quite a sharp turn (full circle) at around 120 km/h. I wasn't a good driver then (no experience), but somehow in a reflex I knew what to do: Brake untill you reach the hard shoulder (almost), throttle on and turn in, brake again, rince and repeat. That was not the way to take the fastest corner but the way to survive a too fast corner :D

Since it was an old peugeot 405 it had no abs, powersteering or anything so it was heavy duty. I could feel the wheels loosing grip upon turning too much under throttle, and understeer when braking while turning. You feel it before it is too late; i.e. there is stille room for correction if you quickly counter it. It was THE proof man can multitask as well :D

However in GTR or any other 'realistic' driving game there is no such thing. You notice it only by feedback from your steering wheel or by seeing your car spin up on screen. By then it is too late most of the time.

When i was younger, just a boy, i used to do kart racing. From the moment i stepped into a kart i was fast, really quite fast infact, it felt absolutely natural to me from the moment i stepped into one, i had no fear of speed and always felt 100% in control of the vehicle, to the point where my mother would not watch me drive as she was afraid of my confidence, sadly i was unable to take it anywhere due to the funds, haven't driven a kart in 8 years. But in sims i was unable to have the same success, the only racing game i really played at that age was Sega rally, until later i got gran turismo which took a LOT of practice to get anywhere near the same confidence.

When i got into PC sims (which is only recently, last 2 months) it was also a big learning curve, compensating for the lack of feel, the physical aspect of feeling the tires through the steering wheel, the g-force's the sense of speed... none of that is really there in a sim, you have to learn to drive completely different and yes it is harder.

The reason that real life is harder is down to fear, and the forces and uncertainty of how fast you can approach a corner at a given moment, these are things that take a lot more from a persons body and mind, and those are the things that truly make a race driver in real cars. Being able to drive is almost a natural thing, something that many people have the ability to do, some better than others ofcourse, and a huge part of developing into a racing driver is the practice of it. But with sims i dont think the same is true, its a different animal, the same concept but not the same sensation at all as a huge part of the physical sensation which many people rely on is removed and thats why i think that sim racing is still gaming, good gamers will be good sim racers, greger huttu would not beat schumacher in a real car, as much as schumacher would not beat huttu in a simulation game.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not bad at sims, but when i got the steering wheel 2 months ago and installed rfactor, i thought i would have the confidence to just jump in and go flat out, it felt like it was there in me, like riding a bike, but it wasnt. I was slow, much slower than i expected, even when i thought i was fast, i was still slow compared to the sim racers. I found a lot of cars in the sims near impossible to drive without the aids, i felt like there was no control. But as a "Gamer" i have honed my skills a lot and improved, but to me, while it is still driving, its not anything the same as real driving, the skillset lends itself to that of a gamer atleast as much, or more than it does as a driver of a physical real car.

My opinion atleast.

When i was younger, just a boy, i used to do kart racing. From the moment i stepped into a kart i was fast, really quite fast infact, it felt absolutely natural to me from the moment i stepped into one, i had no fear of speed and always felt 100% in control of the vehicle, to the point where my mother would not watch me drive as she was afraid of my confidence, sadly i was unable to take it anywhere due to the funds, haven't driven a kart in 8 years. But in sims i was unable to have the same success, the only racing game i really played at that age was Sega rally, until later i got gran turismo which took a LOT of practice to get anywhere near the same confidence.

When i got into PC sims (which is only recently, last 2 months) it was also a big learning curve, compensating for the lack of feel, the physical aspect of feeling the tires through the steering wheel, the g-force's the sense of speed... none of that is really there in a sim, you have to learn to drive completely different and yes it is harder.

The reason that real life is harder is down to fear, and the forces and uncertainty of how fast you can approach a corner at a given moment, these are things that take a lot more from a persons body and mind, and those are the things that truly make a race driver in real cars. Being able to drive is almost a natural thing, something that many people have the ability to do, some better than others ofcourse, and a huge part of developing into a racing driver is the practice of it. But with sims i dont think the same is true, its a different animal, the same concept but not the same sensation at all as a huge part of the physical sensation which many people rely on is removed and thats why i think that sim racing is still gaming, good gamers will be good sim racers, greger huttu would not beat schumacher in a real car, as much as schumacher would not beat huttu in a simulation game.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not bad at sims, but when i got the steering wheel 2 months ago and installed rfactor, i thought i would have the confidence to just jump in and go flat out, it felt like it was there in me, like riding a bike, but it wasnt. I was slow, much slower than i expected, even when i thought i was fast, i was still slow compared to the sim racers. I found a lot of cars in the sims near impossible to drive without the aids, i felt like there was no control. But as a "Gamer" i have honed my skills a lot and improved, but to me, while it is still driving, its not anything the same as real driving, the skillset lends itself to that of a gamer atleast as much, or more than it does as a driver of a physical real car.

My opinion atleast.

So true.

No computer game ever will be sim like unless we have the fear of getting bones broken or G forces.

End of.

I don't like F1 2010

ive been playing the new f1 2010 game for a while now and all honesty it is pretty **** isnt it yeah the graphics are good and realism of how the cars handle but nearly everything else is pony like you dont get a new contract with the same team even tho you have won both championships and the race engineer i just wanna kick his head in just repeats the same **** over and over anyway thats enough about that there is light at the end of the tunnel GT 5 is out soon hopefully

Wait a min, so its good graphics... and the realism of the car and how it handles is good, yet its a s**t game?

i would of thought those 2 things would equate to a thumbs up if you are a racing fan. Cant say im overly bothered about the behind the scenes side of the game like contracts etc..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back