F1 2010 F1 2010 Alternate (no codemasters games)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tox Laximus

@Simberia
Whats the best single player F1 game for the PC?

I'm fed up with waiting for F1 2010 to be fixed if it ever is fixed.

And don't say F1 2010, coz thats lies...:frown:

Geoff Crammond's GP4 - if you can track it down. Nothing beats it for the driving model and exciting challenging races - apart from F1 2010. Bugs and all, this is the most exciting racing game I've ever played (and the best F1 game on PC - sorry, couldn't resist) and when I get my hands on a Driving Force GT, I'm sure it'll be even more fun. :)

I will admit, that when I first installed F1 2010, I was disappointed and ready to throw in the garbage can, but after some time and a few mods, I really have begun to enjoy it. I find that the racing can be good and the AI's fight a good race. I don't thingk there is a race game out there that does not have issues.

If you want to play a sim racing game void of any AI issues, there is only one game to play. http://www.iracing.com/ In iRacing you race other humans not flawed AI opponents. The only problem with iRacing is that it is a subscription service that is not cheap (of course it is cheap compared to real world motorsports) and you have to buy extra add-on cars and tracks beyond the rookie cars and tracks the basic subscription gives you. The tracks in iRacing are 2nd to none (they are laser scanned and super accurate, if there is a bump in a real world track, the same bump exists in the iRacing version) and driving the iRacing cars at their limits is a heck of a lot more challenging than driving these cars in this game.

I am having fun with this F1 2010 game. Yes it has it's issues (mostly AI related), but I have found a nice balance for my skill set. Using the "RDD TrueAI" mod plus the "AI Slow Corner Fix" mod, racing 100% race distance in a Toro Rosso against Legends AI opponents, with tire sim on, fuel sim off in the race and yes (hangs head in shame) my traction control is on ... my races have been good since I re-started my career. I have to fight for my positions, best qualifying so far has only been 10th on the grid (fuel sim is turned on during qualifying), passing my opponents is not easy and they will pass me if I make mistakes. But I am in the races, I am competing for points. 3rd in Bahrain, 6th in Australia and another 6th today in Malaysia using this new combo of mods and game levels. It's not perfect, but it's been fun so far ...

why bother so much.. just go for rfactor..

see i dont wanna complain that much about f12010 either, as i love this game.. it was targeted towards mass audience.. so we really cant expect the game to be sim like.. but this game had all the ingredients to be the best f1 game out there.. but like i just said.. its not a sim.. and we can expect it to be sim..

A very strange question to ask on the F1 2010 forum.
All F1 games/sims have tracks that have curbs and cars that spin on those curbs if they are incorrectly set up, or the curbs are attacked wrongly.
As that seems to be the main thing you claim is broken in F1 2010 I suggest you find another type of game to play

A very strange question to ask on the F1 2010 forum.
All F1 games/sims have tracks that have curbs and cars that spin on those curbs if they are incorrectly set up, or the curbs are attacked wrongly.
As that seems to be the main thing you claim is broken in F1 2010 I suggest you find another type of game to play

+1

@CeeGee - everything was just fine, before the release of the curb mod thingy..

Just out of interest as I currently only have the Xbox version (my pc cannot handle F1 2010 :( so my wife bought me an Xbox and the game as a surprise). Are their more problems with the PC version than the console or are they exactly the same. I haven't really come across all of the issues I have read about (fuel sim \ tyre sim for the ai \ Pit lane holdup) but maybe that's because at the moment I only play maximum of 50% races due to time constraints. The pit lane problem for instance is one that I have never experienced in any race.. I always seem to get released correctly regardless of how many others are pitting.

Loving the game on the Xbox although wishing I had the pc versiobn for all the modding community that always makes such a difference to any decent racing title.

100% races in career mode on PC, DX9.Fuel, tyre sim on. No major problems since the patch was released.
My lollipop man wastes a second or so at pit stops before releasing me, but that is probably down to my engineer telling him that Alonso may be in the pit area and mustn't be held up at all. I decide my strategy, because my engineer is a complete idiot
The "problem" fuel/tyre sim of the AI aren't noticeable (at least whilst I'm driving a Lotus)

If you want to play a sim racing game void of any AI issues, there is only one game to play. http://www.iracing.com/ In iRacing you race other humans not flawed AI opponents. The only problem with iRacing is that it is a subscription service that is not cheap (of course it is cheap compared to real world motorsports) and you have to buy extra add-on cars and tracks beyond the rookie cars and tracks the basic subscription gives you. The tracks in iRacing are 2nd to none (they are laser scanned and super accurate, if there is a bump in a real world track, the same bump exists in the iRacing version) and driving the iRacing cars at their limits is a heck of a lot more challenging than driving these cars in this game.

I am having fun with this F1 2010 game. Yes it has it's issues (mostly AI related), but I have found a nice balance for my skill set. Using the "RDD TrueAI" mod plus the "AI Slow Corner Fix" mod, racing 100% race distance in a Toro Rosso against Legends AI opponents, with tire sim on, fuel sim off in the race and yes (hangs head in shame) my traction control is on ... my races have been good since I re-started my career. I have to fight for my positions, best qualifying so far has only been 10th on the grid (fuel sim is turned on during qualifying), passing my opponents is not easy and they will pass me if I make mistakes. But I am in the races, I am competing for points. 3rd in Bahrain, 6th in Australia and another 6th today in Malaysia using this new combo of mods and game levels. It's not perfect, but it's been fun so far ...

Hmmm, humans cheat and lag too much, I'm not paying monthly for that!!!

:mad:

Why exactly are ppl stateing that F12010 isnt a sim? Ok so theres bits that are missing from the game like indepth car setups ect.. but from a driving point of view with all assists off it feels very genuine and not at all arcadey. I mean the physics are very good and keepin the car in a straight line out of corners is a challange. What are sims nowdays anyway? Racing games have come on so much in recent years that they are getting more and more realistic.. When ppl talk about 'sim' are they now looking for a spotlessly unflawed f1 experiance and any slight glitch in the game results in it being refered to as a arcade game?

Why exactly are ppl stateing that F12010 isnt a sim? Ok so theres bits that are missing from the game like indepth car setups ect.. but from a driving point of view with all assists off it feels very genuine and not at all arcadey. I mean the physics are very good and keepin the car in a straight line out of corners is a challange. What are sims nowdays anyway? Racing games have come on so much in recent years that they are getting more and more realistic.. When ppl talk about 'sim' are they now looking for a spotlessly unflawed f1 experiance and any slight glitch in the game results in it being refered to as a arcade game?

The game should be as easy or as hard as the customer wants it to be, the AI should be competent and not glitch around the tracks doing stupid stuff like going over each other, this is F1 not Wacky Races...

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years