rF2 F1 2007 MMG @ Monza 20th of july.

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • shenken

A league makes only sense if you guys are serious simracers that do NOT give up after a few laps, if you can´t go the pace like the leader. As I saw yesterday, more than half the field left because of frustration, not beeing able to go the pace of the leader!

A league makes also only sense, if enough attendences are available. Professional rules must be evaluated compared with developing some test events to check out fundamental things like a Formation Lap and Safety Car actions, well as Real as It Gets for a league!

I expect that many people don´t know what to do in a formation lap. Tracks must be evaluated that are good to race on and which don´t have any glitches like invisible walls. If in case we would use a Safety Car feature, it must be proofed that the Safety Car can drive safely around a track like on TV. I´ve done a test with the Brianza Monza Track with ISI in conjunction with the MMG 2007 Mod and it worked very good! But how do other tracks work?

bla bla blablablablabla enough from me today :pound:

That all depends if you want your league to run full flags and safey car ect ect. Leagues dont have to run full sim do they?

If people learn how to get past T1 without causing accidents that may help also...

hmm ich checked the replays today... i think a league with the many agression out there is not good. A race was never win in the first corner or at the start. thats the reason why i asked for a FD event...to check out if its possible that peoples lift the throttle at the right moment.
Live and allow to live. The next turn comes certainly to overtake somebody for a new attempt.
I find the Mod brilliant and would like to drive with pleasure more often running with it, only if one is shot constantly, why also always, one loses the fun to it. And, nevertheless, fun should make this.

i hope you understand me...for some words etc. i must use a translator :) something to laugh :D

League: YES, but FAIR

To clear something, there is no time and space and more importand enough staff to setup and run a league in this or any other mod in Rfactor. All energy is needed to make the WTCC league a suc6 and to set that up is really eating the freetime of all ppl behind RD. Its not that we dont want to but if you do this it has to be 100% good.
We have just found some ppl who are helping out creating events in Rf.
Sascha made the point very clear that 50% of the drivers where gone while the rest was still having a race.Thats not a nice sign to start a league.
First things first, lets have fun in all kind of events with diffrent mods and tracks. The more intrest it will bring and maybe more drivers who will try to finish a race the more fun it will be.
In the future nothing is certain but the spirit should be all the same.
The event in the PCC at Le Mans i was crashed and couldn't finish the race after 9 laps, But i stayed in to see how everybody else was having fun. And thats is more how we should think, not all for yourself but group minded. We are in for the fun and trying to help everybody with tips and setups to make a better race for all. Lets see how it will turn out in next and further races.

A league makes only sense if you guys are serious simracers that do NOT give up after a few laps, if you can´t go the pace like the leader. As I saw yesterday, more than half the field left because of frustration, not beeing able to go the pace of the leader!

A league makes also only sense, if enough attendences are available. Professional rules must be evaluated compared with developing some test events to check out fundamental things like a Formation Lap and Safety Car actions, well as Real as It Gets for a league!

I expect that many people don´t know what to do in a formation lap. Tracks must be evaluated that are good to race on and which don´t have any glitches like invisible walls. If in case we would use a Safety Car feature, it must be proofed that the Safety Car can drive safely around a track like on TV. I´ve done a test with the Brianza Monza Track with ISI in conjunction with the MMG 2007 Mod and it worked very good! But how do other tracks work?

bla bla blablablablabla enough from me today :pound:

I didn`t realize people left because they couldnt keep up with the leader i thought they crashed out, I was well off the leaders pace but that didn`t matter to me as I was Intending to stay on the track and stick to my own pace, if people did leave for that reason I dont think they would sign up for a season of it, just my tuppence worth.

I didn't realize so many people had left either... My goal is to improve as I really enjoy the racing and the group. To do that I need to run as many laps as possible even if at the back of the pack. Guess I probably should have stuck around because I've found that I can learn something by watching as well. I actually considered driving a lap in reverse so that I could pit and see if I could sort out my problem. Figured that might be pushing it though...:)

People left??? I didn't even realise the field had become depleted until I looked at the standings screen at the end of the race :D. I was too focused on keeping that car on the track, avoiding cramp, ignoring my full bladder and trying to run consistent laps - without sending the car into a barrier.

I have to say that I am not sure that we are actually ready for an F1 league. For all the reasons that have been stated already.

I seem to recall that a Champ Car league was mooted before the move from RSC. That seems to have vanished as a thought a) because the mod still hasn't been released b) because the interest level didn't seem high enough to push the idea forward and c) umm... c??? :D.

More individual F1 events would be a good starting point. Crawl before walk, walk before run :).

Oh and - maybe the only way to ensure that people get some enjoyment after hours of practice would be to have an orange zone in effect for sector one of the first lap. No overtaking etc. I know this would not be popular and shouldn't be necessary - but I spent both starts looking in my mirrors to avoid a crash, rather than worrying about the cars in front. On the 2nd start I luckily saw an accident about to happen behind me and avoided getting taking out with the other poor sole who didn't see it coming.

:focus:

I left after the second restart.
I think we have to make sure that we dont have restarts,
I for one was not pleased about the fact that it got restarted, I at least got passed T1 and was starting to race, On the second RS I got taken out and we all know it wasnt going to get restarted again.
Rather annoying after all that practice.
I vote for no restarts, Whatever the reason.

I agree with you Gareth, same thing happened to me. Actually after watching the replays I even think the restart was a lot worse than the first start.
Of course it's very hard to keep an overview and with a lot of people shouting for a restart I can understand why Patrick restarted it. I expected it to restart too.
I also think we should keep restarts to a minimum. Or maybe even do one test-start before the real thing starts (without restarts). That way everybody can get used to the full start grid and knows how crowded the first corner is gonna be and hopefully be more careful at the real start.
I also think still a lot of people didn't use Launch control because I saw a lot of wheelspin and people struggling to get away from their position.

I left after the second restart.
I think we have to make sure that we dont have restarts,
I for one was not pleased about the fact that it got restarted, I at least got passed T1 and was starting to race, On the second RS I got taken out and we all know it wasnt going to get restarted again.
Rather annoying after all that practice.
I vote for no restarts, Whatever the reason.

I agree with you Gareth, same thing happened to me. Actually after watching the replays I even think the restart was a lot worse than the first start.
Of course it's very hard to keep an overview and with a lot of people shouting for a restart I can understand why Patrick restarted it. I expected it to restart too.
I also think we should keep restarts to a minimum. Or maybe even do one test-start before the real thing starts (without restarts). That way everybody can get used to the full start grid and knows how crowded the first corner is gonna be and hopefully be more careful at the real start.
I also think still a lot of people didn't use Launch control because I saw a lot of wheelspin and people struggling to get away from their position.

:amen:

I would vote for no restarts at all. Even if this means my race is over on the first start.

Fortunately I got through T1 in both races and was running in the top 5. Race one was due to avoiding the carnage and taking to the escape road [meaning a S&G] and race two by taking to the grass.

I always seem to lose out on restarted events and maybe it would encourage people to be more careful and chill out if they know we only have one shot at getting through lap 1.

• shenken

That all depends if you want your league to run full flags and safey car ect ect. Leagues dont have to run full sim do they?

If people learn how to get past T1 without causing accidents that may help also...

true gareth :)

though i´m a person that seeks for realism but i´m up for everything :)

this was my first rfactor f1 event...but launchcontrol? i think only auto gear and clutch was allowed...sorry i dont use ever LC and until today i dont know thats possible...

Hehe, I figured you didn't know Jens as I was right behind you with both starts! :wink::D I also hit you at both starts for which I am sorry BTW!

It's pretty easy to use, IIRC LC is mapped to the space bar by default, but I got it mapped to one of the buttons on my wheel.
At the start (or whenever the car is standing still and in neutral), press and hold the LC button, put the car in first gear and rev up (the LC will keep the revs low), then when the lights go off release the LC button and you're off like a rocket without wheelspin! :becky:

Hehe, I figured you didn't know Jens as I was right behind you with both starts! :wink::D I also hit you at both starts for which I am sorry BTW!

It's pretty easy to use, IIRC LC is mapped to the space bar by default, but I got it mapped to one of the buttons on my wheel.
At the start (or whenever the car is standing still and in neutral), press and hold the LC button, put the car in first gear and rev up (the LC will keep the revs low), then when the lights go off release the LC button and you're off like a rocket without wheelspin! :becky:

thx theo for the info...

there are a lot of things, they are interesting by new players to know...
i.e.: the first PCC event for me with night/day, after a few light off and on blinking while dark = black flagg at position 5 :Cry:

its very helpfull for beginners in rfactor (and i like this game many more than race07 ;)) to know some facts that can be happend during a race.

thx to the veterans for tips aso...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back