Resource icon

Seasons F1 2003 Mod 0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi guys I have a little problem in the Korean Grand Prix at the end of the great line ( corner 2 ) the ferrari go of the track and the williams and Mclarens too , witch files I need to shift ? before to put the mod I have already instaled MOD True to life IA 1.62 and luca MOD but I change just IA Track difficulties of Luca Mod . for info I did indian GP with this config and is so good , with mod legend sure .

I enjoy this mod, I may want to add the the Marlboro logo on the Ferrari is mirrored on the right side of the car - hopefully that will be fixed soon. Best mod ever m8, thank you for your hard work, Geckarbor5LP!
Its not posdible to fix that.

On the skins up to f1 2012 it was possible.
In order to provide skins with a higher quality without having to increase (double) the size of the skin and therefore decreasing performance significantly for console users, codemasterd mapped the cars differently. Areas with only one colour (f.e. many areas of the ferrari that only were red, no sponsors on these parts) was made to a small red box.
That saved space in the file so the actual sponsord could be increased in size.
Some parts of the skin are the exact same on both sides of the car, so they only designed one side. The other side used the same texture. This saved half of the space used in past titles aswell, again smaking room to increase sponsor logos and therefore increasing the resolution.

Codemasters did not intent the game to be modded. Yet we still managed to do it.
Problem: If you re-skin a car, you might need to put a sponsor on a area of the car which was an area which could be mirrored beforehand. We cant change the mapping, therefore our new logo will be mirrored automatically.

Skinning got difficult because of that, compromises must be made, either setting the logos on a different, non accurate position of beeing find with having on side of the car with mirrored logos.

Its not posdible to fix that.

On the skins up to f1 2012 it was possible.
In order to provide skins with a higher quality without having to increase (double) the size of the skin and therefore decreasing performance significantly for console users, codemasterd mapped the cars differently. Areas with only one colour (f.e. many areas of the ferrari that only were red, no sponsors on these parts) was made to a small red box.
That saved space in the file so the actual sponsord could be increased in size.
Some parts of the skin are the exact same on both sides of the car, so they only designed one side. The other side used the same texture. This saved half of the space used in past titles aswell, again smaking room to increase sponsor logos and therefore increasing the resolution.

Codemasters did not intent the game to be modded. Yet we still managed to do it.
Problem: If you re-skin a car, you might need to put a sponsor on a area of the car which was an area which could be mirrored beforehand. We cant change the mapping, therefore our new logo will be mirrored automatically.

Skinning got difficult because of that, compromises must be made, either setting the logos on a different, non accurate position of beeing find with having on side of the car with mirrored logos.

Thank you for your in-depth explanation. I now have a much better understanding :]

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 39.9%