Resource icon

Misc F1 1997 Season Mod 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this awesome mod and that I'll be playing this like forever (it brings me so many memories of when I was younger).

Well, it's perfectly running fine here except for one thing: I was playing the career and when I was going to play on the circuit of Imola, it crashed to desktop.
So then I tried to quick race on it and the same problem occurred.
Have I done anything wrong? (I've already downloaded the track pack stated in the first page here)

Thank you!

Well, it's perfectly running fine here except for one thing: I was playing the career and when I was going to play on the circuit of Imola, it crashed to desktop.
So then I tried to quick race on it and the same problem occurred.
Have I done anything wrong? (I've already downloaded the track pack stated in the first page here)

Thank you!
I'll check that, can't even say which track I changed to Imola :D too long ago. I can't say it did occur to me but I never used the latest track updates by chianamik (which were released after this mod)

Well, at work currently so I will be able to check this in 8 hours.

I'll check that, can't even say which track I changed to Imola :D too long ago. I can't say it did occur to me but I never used the latest track updates by chianamik (which were released after this mod)

Well, at work currently so I will be able to check this in 8 hours.

Thank you!
And if it helps, I think it's Bahrain - just a guess though. :whistling:
I've tried to do some changes myself but unsuccessful.

Anyway, I'll wait for the answer, thank you for checking! ;)

Hm, indeed there seems to be an issue with Istanbul / Imola ... need to find the reason because it only appears with this fresh mod pack but not with my status I had before, which should be 1:1 the same ... weird

Issue seems to be within the cars folder, I'm going deeper now ;)

oops, how did that happen? It seems the files for safety car performance are not existing for istanbul and nurburgring :D

But it's funny, over 150 people downloaded the mod and noone ever seems to have been racing on Imola or Nürburgring :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, indeed there seems to be an issue with Istanbul / Imola ... need to find the reason because it only appears with this fresh mod pack but not with my status I had before, which should be 1:1 the same ... weird

Issue seems to be within the cars folder, I'm going deeper now ;)

oops, how did that happen? It seems the files for safety car performance are not existing for istanbul and nurburgring :D

But it's funny, over 150 people downloaded the mod and noone ever seems to have been racing on Imola or Nürburgring :D

Thank you for checking it!
I've already tested it and it's working perfectly now :D (Imola is a hard track btw :notworthy:)

Funny, and weird :p; I mean...one day or another they would have to race on it lol
Anyway! Thanks again for this mod, it's really great! :c

Imola (Istanbul Track) is one of my favourite tracks, I find it pretty easy ^__^
The only real hard track for me is south korea :D I can never keep in mind all those damn corners, haha

Hi all.

First of all, the mod quality is superb. I really enjoyed quick races with cars from 1997. I only wish there will also be available seasons 98, 2001, etc.

But looks like there is a bug in career mode.
I tried to pass Young Driver test (as recommended), but constantly fail in "hairpin test", cause i am not able to reach the speed needed after hairpin. I spent a lot of time trying, but then i realized the reason.
In original 2012 you are given McLaren car. But in season 1997 you are given Arrows for this test. Arrows is way slower, so max speed i was able to get after hairpin is 175mph which is not enough to pass.

Any solution?

Hi all.

First of all, the mod quality is superb. I really enjoyed quick races with cars from 1997. I only wish there will also be available seasons 98, 2001, etc.

But looks like there is a bug in career mode.
I tried to pass Young Driver test (as recommended), but constantly fail in "hairpin test", cause i am not able to reach the speed needed after hairpin. I spent a lot of time trying, but then i realized the reason.
In original 2012 you are given McLaren car. But in season 1997 you are given Arrows for this test. Arrows is way slower, so max speed i was able to get after hairpin is 175mph which is not enough to pass.

Any solution?
you have to select the mclaren car because the arrows is to slow

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back