rF2 F1 1994 @ Monza 88 - Sunday 11th March 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well once again lag cost me victory. Was a great qualifying and was surprised to be on pole by 1.4 seconds. Got a decent start and David was staying close to me through slipstream but during the course of the race probably lost about 20 seconds at least through lag and screen freezes. I don't think I'm understating it to say it would have been a certain win but for the lag and freezes. James what is the problem with this and does anyone else have this problem. I have 40MB Fibre-Optic Broadband so I can't imagine thats the problem. Do you need a better server possibly?

Well once again lag cost me victory. Was a great qualifying and was surprised to be on pole by 1.4 seconds. Got a decent start and David was staying close to me through slipstream but during the course of the race probably lost about 20 seconds at least through lag and screen freezes. I don't think I'm understating it to say it would have been a certain win but for the lag and freezes. James what is the problem with this and does anyone else have this problem. I have 40MB Fibre-Optic Broadband so I can't imagine thats the problem. Do you need a better server possibly?

I had no lag whatsoever, for the second race weekend in a row, and I have a 3G Mobile connection at 0.8 Megabits per second with a ping of 120-150 milliseconds, so, unless you have worse than that, it cannot be network related. And you have a fibre optic 40Meg line, so it's highly unlikely.

Screen freezes and lag are caused by a PC not being adequate hardware-wise.

Try an offline race with 10 AI and yourself, and see if you have the same symptoms. Otherwise it's very weird.

By the way, what are your PC specs?

I have a 2.6Ghz Dual Core with 4GB RAM and a GeForce 9500GT graphics card. Believe me there's nothing wrong with my computer specs. I've been running other leagues for years and not had this problem. The only time I've had a problem in other leagues is when others have also had a problem.

I have a 2.6Ghz Dual Core with 4GB RAM and a GeForce 9500GT graphics card. Believe me there's nothing wrong with my computer specs. I've been running other leagues for years and not had this problem. The only time I've had a problem in other leagues is when others have also had a problem.

It's weird then because network shouldn't cause lag locally for yourself, only other cars being out of place and so on. But your specs aren't the best for this game and this mod, unless you've turned down some graphical components.

Maybe you installed a program recently that is hogging all your memory, or your cpu/ram is getting old, or unlikely a virus. Network should never cause game lag on your local driving experience.

The RD dedicated server is in a data centre in the Netherlands and has very good connection. Lag can be caused by a number of things, unfortunately I didn't see all the ping times when everyone was connected, but some regular drivers do have poor connections.

If its only you with lag issues though, I would try some testing offline with high Ai numbers.

The RD dedicated server is in a data centre in the Netherlands and has very good connection. Lag can be caused by a number of things, unfortunately I didn't see all the ping times when everyone was connected, but some regular drivers do have poor connections.

If its only you with lag issues though, I would try some testing offline with high Ai numbers.

Can a network connection cause lag and freezes at all, locally for a driver? Because the game runs locally, with only the other drivers' co-ordinates being updated on your own PC, surely? As stated, I have a VERY poor connection, and yet I have not experienced any freeze or lag once.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back