rF2 F1 1994 @ Montreal 88 - Sunday 18th March 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I apologize to everyone foir bailing out of the race. First I had issues with the steering. I was so involved with that I didn't realize in practice that something was off with my frame rates.

I qualification I had a car in front but it went pretty smoot, but in the race it was a mess. Eventually almost at the end of lap one I rear ended somebody that was at least 4 or 5 car lenghts in front of me, until he wasn't. His car appeared right in front of me.

My screen was tearing, stopping, it was a mess. I am not used to it because I ahve a top of the line machine and I never experienced these issues. However, I just realized that yesterday I upgrsaded my nVidia drivers and obviously either something is wrong or I need to read up on it sand set it up properly for rFactor.

In any event, it was a shame because finally my car was steering OK, but I had barely any practice and with the frame rate off I was a danger to everyone. I drive behind the group to see if it settles but it didn't and I figured I'd better get off. Hopefully it will be fixed by next week, I really like this mod.

Uups, connection lost. But no problem, cu next week. I only tried this mod for 1 day, so I have a bit more time to get used to it. Also no problem for the track change. Problems can happen :) .

Got to the server without knowing anything about the car. Well, I knew something - I watch F-1 since 1988 but... I meant the virtual car. At least Silverstone is well known, so it was just time to prepare a setup and... omg Qualifying already??? LOL

Started last, 11th, and it was good for me. Unfortunately, some drivers didn't understand that, with a F-1, the right foot needs a lot of control - unless the car had traction control, deauthorized at the end of 1993 by the FIA. But spinning on the parade lap... anyway, race start.

Turn one, and after passing some spun cars, I tried my best not to hit another. It was impossible, but at least I survived. Kept going till I started spinning. Engine heating... let's go to the pits, try a new wing setup (I was last anyway), and... Lost connection.

The 12 min waiting helped me a lot: opened Silverstone in rFactor, private testing, and now I had a setup, more control of the track... waited till Race 2. Now qualifying in 6th out of 9. But I was too cautious and started losing positions. Two cars spun before the bridge (I don't remember the name of the turns) and I only saw the first one. I lost control of the car and found myself on collision line to the second, stopped car! My only reaction: throw the car to the wall and pass behind it. Looks like it worked, or maybe I hit him... but there was nothing I could do.

Kept going, some spins, and when I finally got the car 'in my hands', started doing flying laps. Last one of the race, 1m26.8 and 4 type-C tyres in yellow. But it was too late. Sixth, not bad....

I'm really looking forward to the next 1994 event! See you, guys! have a great week.

That was excellent fun after we eventually got going, had a great battle with Valerio for 3rd but I couldnt get past him, now I think about it I did once but he got me back at the next corner, we had a couple of bumps and bashes and I spun once or twice but Valerio waited so we could resume battle, good stuff Valerio :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%