rF2 F1 1994 @ Mid Ohio - Sunday 25th March 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
im pulling out of this one..

went on the server today and was not too surprised to see Scotty Woodwiss at the top of the time sheets with 1 02 something.....
Did testing on friday and sat and tried every sensible configuration to optimize set up,but it seems 1 04 080 is the best I can manage with all of the steering wheels i have available to me..3 to be precise
So after a dozen laps on the server i came to the conclusion that the only way to do 1 02 is to use a game pad ,or any playstation/xbox game controller ,so i am pulling out ,since i dont Do game pads of any shape or form!!!.. STRICTLY steering wheel and cockpit view here!!!!!(feel free to prove me wrong,of course)
I understand the Sunday race-get-together is all about having fun, racing guys that like racing as much as i do,but at the same time i want to be competitive and have a shot at winning ,so allowing game pads and anything other then cockpit view at RD events seems to defeat the purpose of why i joined here...and that is purity. Its totally confusing(to me) why anyone would be using game pads to race F1 cars, other then the fact ,they cant hack it using a steering wheel!

Summary: game controllers and swing view are very common AIDS in race sim and they produce UNFAIR advantage over anyone using steering wheel and cockpit view......so ill take a good solid pass,utill it is sorted out,which i dont forsee any time soon

Sorry I had to leave after the 1st race but it was getting abit later than I expected.

Throughly enjoyed the event and will try and enter again next week. It was my 1st time tryin these cars today and want more laps soon!

Race 1
Q 3 R 2 at start Scott was at Pub he dont see the green light:D so I hit him a bit but was unexpected so Mark B. jump jump in 1st position me in 3td with Alexander behind Mark and Scott escape and me and Alexander in battle one mistake me and one him the position changed but in straight start/finish he cooking engine then Mark maybe a mistake and I can pass about 5minutes at race end and 5 or 6 sec. divide us Mark push very hard for catch me but 1 tenth save mine 2nd place.

Race 2
Q 3 R 2 in lap 1 Mark and Scott ahead me in 3td Alexander was close me but in T2 lost your car cannot see in mirror my now Mark is behind me about 1sec. but at one moment I feel your engine in silence so managed mine race at end with calm.
in both race great pressure and battles with Alexander and Mark Birney nice guys.

Thanks James and RD for event

im pulling out of this one..

went on the server today and was not too surprised to see Scotty Woodwiss at the top of the time sheets with 1 02 something.....
Did testing on friday and sat and tried every sensible configuration to optimize set up,but it seems 1 04 080 is the best I can manage with all of the steering wheels i have available to me..3 to be precise
So after a dozen laps on the server i came to the conclusion that the only way to do 1 02 is to use a game pad ,or any playstation/xbox game controller ,so i am pulling out ,since i dont Do game pads of any shape or form!!!.. STRICTLY steering wheel and cockpit view here!!!!!(feel free to prove me wrong,of course)
I understand the Sunday race-get-together is all about having fun, racing guys that like racing as much as i do,but at the same time i want to be competitive and have a shot at winning ,so allowing game pads and anything other then cockpit view at RD events seems to defeat the purpose of why i joined here...and that is purity. Its totally confusing(to me) why anyone would be using game pads to race F1 cars, other then the fact ,they cant hack it using a steering wheel!

Summary: game controllers and swing view are very common AIDS in race sim and they produce UNFAIR advantage over anyone using steering wheel and cockpit view......so ill take a good solid pass,utill it is sorted out,which i dont forsee any time soon

I agree with a lot of that Ivan, I am a wheel and cockpit view man myself, always have been always will be even if it means I'm slower.

Does that mean you have to bully someone that can't buy a wheel or has other reasons not using one? Don't get me wrong, I love Sims more than Arcade, but that doesn't sound fair. Are you angry because a pad player is faster than you? As long as he doesn't cut or do something illegal, he's free to use a game pad.

Personally, I often use either cockpit or bonnet(T-Cam). I don't use 3rd Person View since my console days as it feels like you're not part of the car. What's Swing View?

Sorry, just my view. I played against pad/keyboard users and also lot sometimes. I am amazed by their skills, rather than being angry they don't use a wheel for the game.

Does that mean you have to bully someone that can't buy a wheel or has other reasons not using one? Don't get me wrong, I love Sims more than Arcade, but that doesn't sound fair. Are you angry because a pad player is faster than you? As long as he doesn't cut or do something illegal, he's free to use a game pad.

i'm sorry David,but i dont remember seeing you on the server the other day,unless u were using a diff name,so to state that i was bullying anyone would be accusing me of something solely relying on hearsay and without actually having talked to me about it.
The only thing i did was try and talk to Scott and understand his motives to switch to using a game pad,since he cant "do" fast times using his wheel(his words not mine)

Personally, I often use either cockpit or bonnet(T-Cam). I don't use 3rd Person View since my console days as it feels like you're not part of the car. What's Swing View?

T-cam(overlooking the driver or onboard or swing view as i call it) has much better FOV compared to cockpit and therefore allows for much better anticipation and precision when cornering,especially on high downforce/fast flowing cuircuts ,not to mention the obvious advantage when doing wheel to wheel racing.I did a test a few years ago with a friend of mine: we are equally fast when it comes to driving,but he uses T-cam and i cockpit. We both used same set up and he beat me by over 0.500 on a single lap run and it took me 3x more time then him to warm up and get up to his speed...i was eventually able to come closer to his times ,but it took me a couple of sessions to to warm up,whereas he was imediately on the pace. Same person did poorly when he joined me in a league that only allows cockpit view

Sorry, just my view. I played against pad/keyboard users and also lot sometimes. I am amazed by their skills, rather than being angry they don't use a wheel for the game.

i have raced many times in the past against people with game pads(the ones that admitted to it) and i can assure u ,i always lost to the ones that knew what they were doing..always!!. IMHO game paddlers and keyboarders shouldnt be in the same room as wheel and pedal guys,simply because the advantage can be profound at times and its just like having two different classes.So to put it more in perspective : If I want to race in the same room as game paddlers and keyboarders i can just shoot to the nearest public server and there is a massive abundance of them there,but i dont. I am obviously behind with how thing happen nowadays at RD since i took a break for about over a year,but i remember the level to which driving standarts were emphasized back then,they were much higher then now
So to sum it up: I dont have an issue with Scott using a game pad and T-cam as long as everyone else is made aware of the advantages he will have on people using wheel/pedals,manual shifters and cockpit view,that is all David. Just making sure it is clear as day. And i am of the people who strongly believe that RD should not only be the place where people race fair and clean but also the place where racing is supported in its purest form...simulation , not gaming! There are many wonderfull games out there that are ment to be played with such cotrollers ..F1 2011,2012,NFS,GT5 etc...and there are plenty of leagues and events here at RD that support these games...rfactor is more of a simulation platform and the general expectations are , u use a wheel and pedals to drive it

Sorry Ivan. "To each his own".

The RD rF Racing Club is to have fun, in whatever way, as long as everyone behaves themselves.

But if you need forced cockpit view, clutch and only drivers with wheel allowed, you should go and race in leagues like FSR;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%