rF2 F1 1994 @ Hermanos Rodriguez (Mexico) 88 - Sunday 1st April 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
There might not be alot of us so far signed in for tonight, but I'm so looking forward to this.
Been having a good look at what the cars can do, and so far, the Ferrari seems to air me and my style.
I'd forgotten how good full throttle V10/12 engines sounded

I dont know if its something wrong at my end, or if im just being blind, but could someone check to see if the server is up please?
I cant see any sign of it on the server browser at all

Race one: was holding my own til about lap 4 where for some reason I kept pushing throttle too hard at almost every corner, eventually spinning in the esses. Hit wall, wheel off :(

Race Two: Focus was just about not overthrottling, to finish race. Valerio q'd only 0.092s in front of me in pole, with Peter a few seconds back.

At the start, I miraculously passed Valerio. This started a full race battle of me trying to keep him behind. My lapping was consistently between 1m15.5s and 1m14.9s, with a fastest of 1m14.5s pushed in there.

Final lap came, and my left leg was soooo sore :/ anyway, then my tyres, compound C was worn/overheating, and it was a real battle just staying on course. Valerio closing in, he was only half a second behind at the lap's start.

So, final 2 corners was epic, I just FLOORED it and heard Valerio's Lotus screaming in my ear.

Came the finish, I managed my first win, by 0.21s from a very sportsmanlike Valerio Vanassa :)

What a contest! A race I'll never forget!

two nice race but few people:(
in Race 1 Dewald crash with car after fews laps behind me there is Christopher big fun with him until he stay on track :) and than nice fight with Peter that have won the race.
Race 2 Dewald is always near me at 1st turn he pass before and stay front me until race end great battles for all the race with last lap really insane the gap on finish was 0,256sec. Nice fights Dewald;)

Thanks James an RD for event

I struggled big time in the practice but eventually got my setup more to my liking. Started roughly in the 1 min 20s laptime.

Race 1 - Got faster in the first race as I got more comfortable and eventually ran steady 1min 18s, some high 17s. Won the 1st race after great drive by Valeio. Only us 2 left by that time lol

Race 2 - Started 3rd outta 3. Qualified in a mid 17 laptime. Got quicked and quicker and eventually got down to low 15s. Ran high 15s and los 16 most of the race. big improvement for me.

Thanks everyone, will be back next week!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.2%