rF2 F1 1993 @ Sebring - Sun February 21th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
ommggg I broke my ring finger while I was sleeping.. guys Im so sorry but I have to pull out.. but I must wait untill tomorrow before I can visist the doctor, everything is clooseeed lol I squeezed the finger totally while I was sleeping on it

A note about setups for these cars:

You can run much lower ride height than you can with many of the more modern F1 mods - F1_SR have factored in the fact that it's a metal skid plate rather than a wooden stepped bottom, which means that the cars spark a lot more, but also give far greater grip. These cars, since they don't have a stepped bottom, are more sensitive to underbody pressure. The lower the ride height, the more grip you have, but the amount that it increases is greater than with modern F1 cars. Therefore, run as low as possible until it sparks whilst not braking in a fast turn :).

Downforce - what Ivo says is true, but only for mid-range values. Basically, you set the rear wing, and then you multiply by about 1.2 to get the front wing. So, for Rear Wing = 20, you need Front wing = 24. For Rear wing = 30, you need Front wing = 36. For Rear wing = 5, you need Front wing = 5.

Camber - You need about 3.2 on the fronts, 2.2 on the rears. It can be changed for faster and slower tracks, but this is about what I run.

One last thing, tyre pressures are crucial. You should always aim to keep the temps at around 95, so adjust the tyre pressures until this happens. Any higher and you get stupid wear and you will have very quick loss of grip at the end of a corner. Any lower, and you will have lower ride height and no grip. For some reason, the cars are quite sensitive to this. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back