rF2 F1 1992 @ Suzuka - Sun April 17th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I had an absolute shocker.

Q1: Couldn't keep the car on the track for some reason on the quali's. Eventually got a so-so lap out and got 5th on the grid.

R1: Made a good start and was up to second all over the back of Chas. Then a series of mistakes dropped me back. Avoided a big incident on the curve leading up to Spoon but I clipped the wall in doing so, luckily no damage. Made my way back up to 5th but couldn't make any real progress on Martin.

Q2: Better this time and got P3 on the grid. Could of gone 5 tenths faster but caught traffic.

R2: Good start again and stayed 3rd before hitting a weird bump in degna 1 and spun round. I dropped to the back and the very nex lap I did the same thing. Lap 3 and I lost it on the brakes trying an overtake at the hairpin. Lap 4 I didn't spin, lap 5 I did somewhere, can't remember exactly. Lap 6 I ran wide at degna 1 and hit the wall. I lost the front wing, made it back to the pits and fitted Quali's. Set the fastest lap and was catching back up to where I was and then the rears suddenly gave no grid at start of lap 12. I made several spins that lap then the engine overheated and dies just before Spoon.

Hopefully I didn't cause any issue to anyone as all my spins didn't seem to collect anyone. If it did, I apologise.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Q2- P4 I was held up as i started my last flying lap by Erick Davies who lost control at the last chicane,rejoined infront of me and ran beside me down 'into' turn 1. Huh? 1:33.something

Sorry Chas,
I was having trouble with the braking zone/corner several times today.
I only ran you down to the corner as I was on my last possible flying lap as I only had enough fuel for that lap. I was not under blue flag condition.
Good run in both races Chas.

My second race was cut short while closing in on fourth by a "Connection Lost". I think it was my daughters stealing some of my bandwidth at the wrong time. I have changed QoS router settings so that will not happen again.

Other than that, it was good racing you guys this afternoon.

Thanks for your explanation Erick.
I couldn't understand why you ran with me as you had such a poor start to your lap,you would have had little chance on improving on your time.
Still,we were both in the same situation,last chance saloon! lol
See you next week.

I want to say,i am very happy with my race.I thought the peaple very fair and skilled too.Unfortunately,becouse of the pain on my hands , I could not keep my concentration all the time,and Unfortunately i hit the Chas McInnes (who drive very nice there),it was a distraction of 0.500 and the first gear is not entered ,and the car didnt break enought.I really sorry Chas, I will try to keep my concentration all the race.I am very happy to race with you.
Gratz!!!Cya you next week.

Bit of a disasterous night racing but that's not to say I didn't have fun.

Had half decent quali pace before the official start, but couldn't quite get a decent lap in come offical.

Race 1 : Pulled off the line into second gear speared into the wall ESC out minus 3 wheels and a front wing :) Watched the race and there was some good ontrack action. Saw a few accidents too that really were just down to bad luck. i.e cars spinning and the following driver not having anywhere to go or getting collected. Was entertaining thou

Race 2 : Got off the line OK but had a Jordan spear across the track in front of me. Having slowed for that I ended up behind Scott and Norman. On the run up to the 130R Scott and Norman made contact and spun, coming round the corner I saw smoke and 2 cars a flash of Yellow and Blue then I was spinning having tried to avoid them both :) ended up doing a complete 360 and just nudged the wall enough to lose the front wing. Pitted and got a stop go on the way out (Doh 1mph over the limit) On the very next lap I spun at the top of the esses lost nose and wheel so retired out to watch the rest of the race. Again good viewing

Sum racing lap total 2 :)

Ah well that's racing sometimes. See you all at the A1 ring

First race was a disaster. Someone went off very early and came back on track and caused a backup, then a couple guys spun and completely blocked the track leaving me no where to go. Race 1 over.

Second race I decided to start at the back to try and avoid the same situation as in race 1. It paid off. I made up a lot of places right away. Settled in for a good race and ended up 8th. Had some great battles with Bozko and Norm. Really good racing.

R1

Decent qual think I was 8 or 9. Got off to a great start battled Martin into 1 he didn't relent and he had the inside. I was hoping he would go more inside but he proabably couldn't forcing me a little wide. The Ligier (not Scott) and the Tyrell slipped by me. Going into Dunlop (the up hill left hand sweep after the S's) the Ligier spun taking the Tyrell with him ahead of me. I slipped by but they bounced off the wall back out into the middle of the track. Scott who was behind me wasn't so lucky and ran into them. From there I ran a good clean race up to #7 then Erick and I were battling and he spun in the same corner forcing me to go wide off. Then he did wrecked on purpose to give me the position. I wish he wouldn't have because even though it was late in the race I was alone for the remainder but thanks Erick for gesture of honor.

R2

Qual'd slower in H2 to again! Wth? Anyone else experiencing this behavior? Started 12, Got another great start all the way up to 7. Stayed there until L3 when someone spun in Dunlop again! Most of the wrecks were in that corner. I had to swurve off to avoid the debris and back 10. Worked my way up to 8 again then made a nice clean pass on Mr. Smolders going into Degner. He tried to return the favor on the second half of Degner but took my wing off in the process. I watched the replay sorry but I think it was an ill advised attempt at that point. I was on the line and my right front was clearly ahead at Apex. Pitted took on a new wing and finished 12th.

One other point I'd like to bring up; In both races when I was hot on the tail of someone going into the chicane on several occasions the car ahead was too hot going in and couldn't make the turn. I know this is a club league and my question is only out of curiousity and what I would have done if I were the car in front would have been from honor. What I would have done is slowed down (if I missed the turn) and let the car behind take the position. It happened several times in both races and each time the driver just sped off going through w/o a second thought. If no one was 'hot' on me then I might just go on but if someone were battling me as I said I would have given up the position as Erick did in H1 late in the race. No biggie just curious.

R1
I know this is a club league and my question is only out of curiousity and what I would have done if I were the car in front would have been from honor. What I would have done is slowed down (if I missed the turn) and let the car behind take the position. It happened several times in both races and each time the driver just sped off going through w/o a second thought. If no one was 'hot' on me then I might just go on but if someone were battling me as I said I would have given up the position as Erick did in H1 late in the race. No biggie just curious.

Spot on Mark, gaining an advantage by cutting the chicane shouldn't be allowed. If you are not gaining a position you are at minimum increasing your lead on the car in front.

I know the rankings have gone but surely a report to the administrator could be checked out and the guilty party given a pm with a warning. It may be that the culprit doesn't realise he is doing anything wrong in which case they wont improve.

I've had an issue with someone breaking the same rule twice, on both occasions gaining position. If no one tells him he may not realise he is doing anything wrong.

Steve's correct. Report incident to the race organiser they can take further action, may only be a warning or can be a temporary ban (somone from the race club got a months suspension last week).

Guys I don't want to make an 'issue' it wasn't only one driver. We all have our replays if you're curious. Not a big deal seriously. I'm kind of sorry I said it. I just wanted to verify what you should do if you do it yourself that's all.

Could be me, could be not me...

All i know is yes Mark, i was going to eager into the inside line in that turn and hit yr side.. Sorry for that.
If you see the replay on that point you see me trying from way to far and at the first split second it felt ok to try it but then immediately panic because i was going to fast, i think even the brakes got locked and i hit yr ponton hard.

For the rest i saw some cutting here and there too, but also guys, tracks with some blind apexes will give an average cut count of 5 or 6 corners in a race for me for example, especially in such cars, sometimes just deciding to not spin it and keep it straight creates a cut etc...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.1%