rF2 F1 1992 @ Shanghai - Sun June 19th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I realize we had a few new names today racing, but the level of driving was substandard RaceDepartment driving today. And the chat problem, well there is no excuse for it. I'm somewhat disappointed with todays event. Hopefully next week will be much better.

Both races not great for me.

Qualifying allright.

But first race i got hit from behind by Martin, and cooked the engine while trying to get the damaged car going again.

Second race, very good start, people around me fall of and i find myself in P4. doing a good lap.
But the one after that i went wide with understeer. Coming back on track i'l in a group, with some others and Ferry Koek.
In the same hairpin of the first race, i got hit by Ferry, who tried to place his car in an impossible position. on the inside line, with 2 cars infront of him already turning into the turn to the apex, if it wasn't me, the other guy became the victim. But it was me and i lost my front wing, and some turns later the whole car.

Sorry for chatting, but i thought it was over.

iam very sorry to the people i hit in race 2 i just misjudged the speed in slipstream compared to the normal braking point. Didt practice enough so its totaly my bad today.

Did pretty bad, considering a lack of a half decent set up.

qualified 14th first race finished 14th after spinning like 20 times in the race

2nd race i qualified 15th came 10th after i only span twice whcih if i didn;t do that i should of been 9th, either way i was atleast 3 seconds off the pace with my set but i did the best i could.

(I alt tabbed at the end, then couldn't get back in, would of said bye otherwise :))

Nice battle in race 1 Davakos :thumbs:

and Race 2 LOL, had a quality battle with Andrew :) then i missed ken under breaking and hit the wall on the penultimate lap.
So i had to drive 1 and a quarter laps with 3 wheels and no nose. Bloody Davakos passed me on the last corner. you :so and so ::D

grab000i.jpg

grab002h.jpg

F1 1992

I enjoyed the racing tonight: the noise, the speed was great. Like Scott, I was dissapointed with the chattin before we all finished in race 1. I lost a place due to the distraction.
Second race, Sorry to Ben as I thought I would slow down on the second hairpin to give you plenty of room to overtake. You were very fast coming in so I went wider but I think you were intent to go on the outside, while there was plenty of room on the track on the inside. Misunderstanding I think, but I try and let cars blue flag me on the inside of the corner or on a straight I go offline.

I have only recently started with RD in this 1992 mod and I love it. Plenty more please!

I rank this track up there with Bahrain as one of Tilke's very worst creations.
However, having now driven it, rather than watching it on tee vee, I totally dig it!

Race 1 was a bit of a self-made disaster. I recently switched to an Eyefinity setup and this mod has always been a bit borderline with FPS. Coupled with this track it was actually undriveable in the opening laps. About 15 fps. Heh heh. Got a little wobble on a kerb and said a big, hard, hello to the wall.

Race 2 I "turned down the graphics", as they say, and it was peachy stuff.

Next week, Monaco. Oh Em Eff Gee.

R1. 13 on the grid looking to make a few places up at the inside of turn 1 but hit from behind for no apparent reason.
R2: 17th on the grid. Through overtakes and other crashed found myself in 6th but got rammed by Martin who just drove into me like i wasnt there in turn 1 and lost a back wheel.

This has become just like any other public server. I reckon half the people have never read the rules and if they did they wouldnt respect them. I made a post in the Rfactor thread about the probability of a Banger racing mod, but i think the RD F1 1992 server just about does the job.

Monaco next week? With driving of this standard i wouldn't expect many finishers.

Typical Tilke track with those crazy tightening turns. I don't like his tracks, they all seem kind of the same to me. But what the heck, racing is racing, right? See you in Monte Carlo.

Almost a good debut... 1st race somebody brakes too early and we have a contact. Sorry for that. 10th place...
The second race started better. But the lagg causes very hard race to me. I was very carefully, but I dropped my 6th place thanks for the grass.

I went with this mod for the first time, next time I'll be better.

I forgot about that Steve, I think I lost a wheel also in that incident, all I can do is blame it on the lag several of us was suffering from tonight, It seemed to me you almost stopped in the corner which must have been the lag, sorry.

Monaco should be fine as long as there's no lag, I think it was F1-93 we raced there awhile back and it was great fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%