rF2 F1 1992 @ Sepang - Sunday September 4th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Corrado,
can you join us during the week for some practice? Scotts server is usualy available and we can meet there and do some set up work.
Have you joined rothmans yet? If not,pm myself or scott.
I think we'll be racing on sundays for a few weeks yet but it would be good to have you join us soon .

I'd love to join you for practice, if I can coordinate it with my work (I am west coast) and I am registered at Rothmans, I have 2 return emails from the registration to prove it but when I went to log in just a few minutes ago (and using the username confirmed in the email) it didn't let me in. So I figured that I would request a new password but when I did, using the username and email I always use for my racing sites, it didn't recognize it.
Yet, I tried registering again and it told me the email was taken.

My only guess is that somehow I did not login after registration and maybe put my account on hold? I will send the webmaster an email, forwarding my confirmation and see what he can do.

Anyway, that aside the only night I can almost never race is Monday nights, any other day is usually open but only after 6pm PST.

While i remember?
For race 1 i think there were 17 entrants? For race 2 it dropped to 9 i think?
Is everyone aware there are 2 races?
8PM- 20 mins practice
8.20PM- 10 mins quali
8.30PM- 20 mins race 1
8.50PM-10 mins quali
9.00PM-20 mins race 2
Times are approx due to there being a few minutes between sessions.

Chas this time i wasnt there. but fore me the second race becomes realy late. next day at work willl be after 5 hours after the finish line of 2nd race. So thats why i most of the times i leave after the first race. And i also understand when people leave right after a crash in first race. You have to wait 20 mins and cant do anything. I know lot of people like this kinda format but i hope it will be a longer race. 20 mins is just a little sprint. when you have to do much longer races more practice will be needed to get control of the car and i think the level of competition will be up. Even when its not bad at all right now. But doing 15 laps is totaly different then 50. But the change is there that lots of people dont like it. More practice is needed and lots of people dont have it or dont wanne put it in to it and i understand :)

I understand what you're saying Ferry.
I mentioned it incase some of the newer guys didn't know there were 2 races,as what happened a few weeks ago. Was it Bahrain? I can't remember!
A longer race wouldn't bother me too much. 20 mins is a bit short. I'd like it long enough were you'd have to pit for tyres,make things a little more interesting? Or maybe one longer race per month,something like that?
What d'ya think Scott? Food for thought?

Steve, British clocks are going back soon so that will mean a 7pm practice, rather than 8pm which is what we have now.
Absolutely. Maybe we can try a longer race on Saturdays so we have to make at least one stop. That would make thing very interesting.
A one-stopper on softs or a no-stopper on gripless mediums. :eek:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years