rF2 F1 1992 @ Sakhir - Sunday 7th August 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i can t blame any one for the start in second race its just a bizzara watch replsy have alook i can t make out what happen lol
There's not alot i can say to that steve lol What ever it was,it was invisible! Very bizzare!!

Q1 P6 on a 1:33.894
R1- I got away ok and managed to hold P6 after turn 7 or 8. There were a few cars went off on the opening lap and i found myself in P2 by the end of lap 1. Adam was close behind being chased down also. All i could do was make sure adam knew my rear axle was of the 'extra wide' variety lol Managed to hold him off untill lap 6 when i ran wide at turns 8 and 9 and he took the opertunity to pass me.
I kept within 2 seconds of him untill the race ended. Finished a happy P3.
Q2- P4 on a 1:33.762
R2- I got away well but lost my engine note amongst everyone elses,and didn't change up to 2nd gear quick enough......i spun on the grid.
How embarresing :-s Sorry to Mohan who had to swerve and got rear ended by someone as a result.
Good racing guys :) i got to watch race 2 from the pits it was fantastic. Felt for Adam at the end.
See ya'll next week.
Missed Scott and Steve this week. Hope everything's ok.
Thanks to Adam and RD.

i am very happy .. i just made a few laps ,i think was less then 15 .. (full laps,without going to pit). And my best time was on the quali 1 1.32.8 i guess. But my car on the race was terrible too .. 1,5 abouve the Bozko.But its not my falut . O the 1 sector i was more or less 0,200 to 0,400 (my car always lose the rear on the Top of the track (Right turn ,close of hairpin) ,and after the hairpin . i lose the rear when i tryed to gas on the climb (close of the end of the lap).But i realize that . if i pratice i an only get ,0,600 better , with full brain .
And for me dont worth my energy.Its a lot more easy to get a stable setup then a crasy setup and lose the car after 15 minuts.
On this race my best time was 1.36.6 very high ..Adam for ex: got 1;35;2 very fast.I can make a fast car .. but the race setup is terryble. So i will just race for fun ,now. I dont have time to pratice ,and i am not like Bozko and Adam for ex ,Who knows how to make a setup.
On the USA track i ran with monaco setup ,with less wing .. but if i put same wing like Adam .. i lose the car.So i can ran fast (define fast kkk)with a good setup .I really dont know what the POWER,PUMB,PRELOAD, does .i just get a setup and run with 50% what i can.
the Others 50% is with a lot pressure ,and crasy risks ,bcouse every lap my car is a new car.. heatup the tires blababla
But this was my first race without and pratice .
I want to thank Chas becouse he gave to me his setup after the 2* race.
Probably will be usefull on other day.
Bozko,Adam ,Ben,Chas you ran a lot as always,Congratulations.
Was a great race .. good fight with Ben , i decidd to more save on the fight.And by the way as Ben was more or less 0,600 more fast then me ,there was no point to fight .Better 2* place then nothing.
Once again Thank you Chas .

Q: P7 1,33,9?

R: P10 Not a good race from my side, whas fighting with the car, NO GRIP on soft tires. My race pace whas 1,37, ( 2 slow ) I dont get it

Q: P12&13? 1,35,5?

R : P? Good start P3 not for long, lost 2 places ( king&phillips ) but i hafe 2 slow down BECOUSE OFF FUEL AGIAN, that's it 4 me.

I was quite pleased with this event, nowhere near the top guys, but a big improvement on Paul Ricard. :)

Q1: 12th
R1: 6th
Q2: 6th
R2: DNF

In qually 1 I couldn't really put a lap together, either I made a mistake or ran into traffic. Just one of those things, and in the end I had enough time left for just one hot lap so just went for a safe banker. Race 1 was a case of trying to keep it on the road and I managed to stay on it to get 6th in the end. I had a couple of silly half spins though so there was a little bit of swearing going on!

Q2 was much better and I put in a PB for 6th. What I was most pleased about was only being 1.6 seconds off pole since it's the closest I've ever been. When it came to the race I made a really good start off the line, but ran a little wide on the exit of turn 1. At turn 3 though there were cars going all over the place and I came out of the smoke in 2nd behind Adam. I though it would be a good opportunity to try and learn something by following him. One thing I did learn was I was woefully slow through turn 6, but was amazed that I managed to get a tow on Adam and did think once or twice about making a move. By lap 3 though I was falling back and then Mateusz got me into turn 11, but at the same time I snatched the rears on downshift and did another silly half spin. The field was so close I found myself back down in 10th. After that I ended up in a great 3-way fight with Stephen Ducros and Leonard Jest. There was quite a bit passing and re-passing. I ran wide a few times because I kept forgetting to allow for the extra speed I had due to the tow I'd picked up and not adjusting my braking point. Something to think about for future events. On either the 7th or 8th lap I was between Leonard and Stephen when Leonard was a little slow through turn 12, I came up the inside and then he appeared to warp so I hesitated not knowing quite where to brake into 13. Stephen then hit me up the back taking my rear wing and right rear wheel off ending my race. Totally my fault so apologies to Stephen.

That was so much fun if I can find a bit if time I might fraps some of it. :)

What a GREAT night of racing again...all of a bit of a blur race one and happy with the result.

Race 2 was epic, as you say Matt lots of passing and repassing and allowing each other enough room. Pity our race ended when it at turn 13...caught me by surprise on the brow, tried to react in time but not to be....great racing though and no problem (brown stuff happens) :)

Also thanks to Wayne for the set ups....made the car very drivable :)

See you all next week!

Q1: Didn't take part as I just came in, P21.

R1: Had no set and no experiance, yet managed to finish 5th.

Q2: Didn't take part, bored:tongue:

R1: Got a clean start from P15, overtook car after car(Martin, Kariem, etc.) and managed to finish 4th.

Hey, if I start at the front, I spin and drop back. But if I start at the back, I manage to finish high. Maybe I should always do that?:wink:

did not do any practise laps due to the late dicision to drive it!!!made a setup in the oficial free practise session and got the balance good but lacked top speed compared to some!!!
Due to no laps i did not participate in qually and race 1 i think i finished on p4
race 2 i started last also as it was really good fun fighting through the field!!! i finished p1 in race 2.....but after seeing i could catch matt and adam on purepace i slowed right down and letmohan pass me so i could fight with him as otherwise it wouldhave been boring...i knew i had some pace advantage on mo.....but when he got passed he drove really well and i had to push like mad to make the pace nice and clean prob driving at 99% onthelimit tbh!!! good job mate....i then saw adam had a issue as i was catching him at around 4 secs a sector on the final lap!!!then i saw he had no front wheel lool and into last corner i took the lead...not deserved on pace...but starting last to p1 there is hope for everyone else if i can do it with no practise!!!

Nice event....i have done many laps at bahrain for my league race so the track was not alien to me hence the good finish position.

looking forward to a track ive never even heard of intil the sign up thread!!!

This was my second race in this series. I like the idea of racing a 1992 F1mod, but I am less than thrilled with the mod itself. It seems tome unreasonably hard to drive. Basically I find I spend more time and effort trying to keep the car on track than on race strategy and driving.

But the competition is great and the atmosphere is likewise excellent, so I look forward to this events while wishing for a little more traction from the car.

In my first race, things were going pretty well, until my dear wife tapped me on the shoulder to ask me something and I clipped the barrier at Paul Ricard's T1. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. I was glad it was a simulation.

Sakir is possible my least favorite track of all time. I have raced it in F1 2010, rFactor, GTR2 and consistently I dislike its flow. It seems designed to prevent a driver from enjoying himself. Add to that the nervous character of the cars and I wasn't very positive about the outcome.

Instead, I realized that the others must have been having an even worse time of it. I was catching up drivers after a lackluster start and I felt pretty good about my chances.
But eventually the car handling seemed to be worse and I started losing time against cars I had already passed. It took me a while to realize it was because I had a flat tire. I mean, when your F1 car handles so you don't realize you have a flat, there is something wrong with it to begin with.

I stopped in the pits to get a new tire, when I realized that time was going by and nothing was happening. Eventually I had to hit escape as by now most of the field was lapping me. I will look into that by running a solo race on the same track, but at the moment I have no idea why everything came to a stop and my tires were not changed. Maybe it was the race settings?

In any case, that was the end for me but I am looking forward to the next races. I just wished the cars handles a little more like an F1 car. Of course, I have never driven an F1 car in RL, 1992 or any other vintage, but compared to similar cars this mod gives me the feeling of very unbalanced traction. In fact, I can't even drive it with medium tires. I ahve to use the soft tires and even those are iffy. With Quali tires is bearable, but they don;t last long enough for a race and even the soft one apparently are not great.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%