rF2 F1 1992 @ Paul Ricard - Sun 31st July 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for the offer guys, but I am in the US west coast so I guess I slept most of my chances to meet with you. But thanks for the offer.

Things got a bit better last night, but still a tad iffier than I am used to.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?!? 5 RACES IN A ROW...
5 damn races in a row and i never even got to the second lap, RD you need to make something that newly licenced members must read explaining how to handle the start of a race because this has gone over the top now, i didnt even make it far off the start line this time before some idiot smashed into me, and im not the only one. a whole 4 people didnt even make it past the start line. im not going to be doing another one of these F1 races for quite a long time now becuause i just cant trust people not to screw it up for me.
Ive spent hours and hours buildng my own custom racing rig out of old spare pieces of wood from an old desk trying to make it so the fov of the game is as realistic as possible, and now after the experience ive had here i cant believe ive carried on.

welcome to races online.. any game any system and they are there lap 1 corner 1 winners..

maybe should implement a system like iracing with points get so low and kicked out.

I got huge lag nothing to do with my connection either then couldnt rejoin in free practice

5 damn races in a row and i never even got to the second lap, RD you need to make something that newly licenced members must read explaining how to handle the start of a race because this has gone over the top now, i didnt even make it far off the start line this time before some idiot smashed into me, and im not the only one. a whole 4 people didnt even make it past the start line. im not going to be doing another one of these F1 races for quite a long time now becuause i just cant trust people not to screw it up for me.
Ive spent hours and hours buildng my own custom racing rig out of old spare pieces of wood from an old desk trying to make it so the fov of the game is as realistic as possible, and now after the experience ive had here i cant believe ive carried on.

Euhm, you turned into me.. ;)

Euhm, you turned into me.. ;)

I was going in a straight line, how on earth can it possible be my fault? i had a good start and had to move to the right to get out of the way of some people who didnt seem to know that green light = go and i was going in a straight line at high speed for at least 3 or 4 seconds before i was knocked FLYING across the track in the air smashed into a wall bounced back over to the other side of the track.

To RaceDepartment, whats going on with the website? i havent used a website that responds so slowly since i used the school computers at primary school in 2001.

Well, looks like I could handle the car after all. I could have easily squeezed a few more seconds from it with some practice, but at least I wasn't in the way.

Except for the second race where with a couple of laps to go my wife taps my shoulder to ask me something and I clip the barriers at the entrance of T1. Next thing I know I am riding a projectile without wheels or wings. Too bad because that would have been 2 top 10 finishes which would have made me happy considering I am so unfamiliar with the car and the track.

By the way, this is happening to me in other sims as well, not just rFactor or this server, but a couple of times my screen froze and remained like that for about 2 or 3 seconds (an eternity in reality). What the sim does in that case is leave you immobile in the track, which is good so you don;t go bumping into things, but at the same time you lose those 3 seconds against the other competitors.

Anyway, thank you for the racing and I am looking forward to drive this car again.

By the way, this is happening to me in other sims as well, not just rFactor or this server, but a couple of times my screen froze and remained like that for about 2 or 3 seconds (an eternity in reality). What the sim does in that case is leave you immobile in the track, which is good so you don;t go bumping into things, but at the same time you lose those 3 seconds against the other competitors.

Roll back your graphics card drivers, I had the exact same problem.

I was going in a straight line, how on earth can it possible be my fault? i had a good start and had to move to the right to get out of the way of some people who didnt seem to know that green light = go and i was going in a straight line at high speed for at least 3 or 4 seconds before i was knocked FLYING across the track in the air smashed into a wall bounced back over to the other side of the track.

To RaceDepartment, whats going on with the website? i havent used a website that responds so slowly since i used the school computers at primary school in 2001.

Hmm, then we feel the same way. For me it felt like you drove into me. But AFAIK, it may have been my fault, and sorry then.

Robert - If you feel you were wronged during this event or any other event here at RD, please file an incident report to the race organiser so it can be dealt with. Shouting about it on the forum only creates negativity and gets us nowhere.

Server replays for Scott - http://www.mediafire.com/?wrj8ajf3u7a2y24

Quali 1: Did a good lap and got 3rd.

Race 1: Made a good start and followed Mateusz and Ferry onto Mistral straight. I think we were 3 abreast at one point but Ferry kept the lead and I stayed 3rd. Mateusz and I carried on battling hard allowing Ferry to pull away. Around lap 9, I managed to pull alongside on the the entry into Signes but we came together mid-corner and went off (sorry). Waited for him to get back going again and let him past. Andreas was now battling with us and on the final lap, I got a bit deep into Bendor and let Andreas through for 3rd. Finished 4th.

Quali 2: Did an even better lap and held pole as the timer went to zero. However Mateusz was still on a lap and pipped me to take pole.

Race 2: Made another good start and pressurised Mateusz early on. Decided to work with him for a bit and pull away from the others which we did. I then decided to sit back off him a bit, hoping to get the maximum slipstream at the right time at the end of Mistral straight but I did not succeed. A couple of times I dropped too far back to get a slipstream so had to work hard to get it back which led to me getting the fastest lap. Now I was back under his wing but someone had gone off at Beausset and it distracted me. I ran wide then spun allowing Andreas to close. I pushed to try and gain some time back on Mateusz which I was doing but I span again at the chicane, allowing Andreas to get a good run on me down Mistral and take second. I pushed him hard but couldn't find a way through so finished 3rd.

Rather frustrated after that. Had the raw speed but couldn't make a pass stick. Mateusz and I had similar set-ups but he was crucially that 1mph faster on the straight but I was better on the brakes.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Q1- P6 on a 1:25.650
R1- i dropped a few places heading down into turn 3,got through some spinners. I caught Mohan near the end for P5.
Q2-P3 on a 1:25.545
R2- again i dropped a few places on the run down into turn 3. On turn in,Mr Jundt hit my side pod and spun me mid corner,sorry to those of you i nearly hit getting my car round the right way!
Turning into turn 7 my back end came round and i speared off into the wall,race over.
I was looking forward to a good race in race 2,my car felt really good and thought i could get into the top 3,not this week.
Thanks to Adam and all at RD.
See you next week.

5 races and we never saw a report from you...
Report and its taking care off. We removed atleast 3 members this last week.
And you where not perfect example either not so long ago.

Like Adam said. Report. That shouting after every race doesnt lead to anything.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%