rF2 F1 1992 @ Monza - Sun April 3rd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
cool video Erik, the sign up system has always worked pretty well in all of my time here providing it is updated on a regular basis, what doesn't help and what happened last night is when someone doesn't sign up but turns up in a car someone has already bagged, I'm not having a pop at the other Erick just saying what happened last night, it's only a game (I prefer simulation :D) but it's nice to see a variety of cars not 3 of these and 4 of those, if that happens it loses something IMO not least the awesome sound at the start of different engines roaring off, I am a Williams nut and do like driving them but I do like to drive the others as well, variety is the spice of life as they say, if it is really important to drive the same car then keep an eye open for the race thread to go up and then sign up for your favourite car, no one is allowed to pre book cars but Adam and Lee usually have a head start as they put the threads up :D I dont have a problem with that by the way.

At the moment apart from RDLMS, F1-92 on Sunday nights is the only racing I am doing and I really enjoy it, we have a hardcore of about 10 or 12 guys who are there every week and its a pleasure racing with you all, just dont steal my car................jk :D

You could just copy and paste the original list and add your own name which would save Lee doing it. I think we are all mature enough not to delete someone elses name and put our own in.
I think Adams point was valid that everyone could be running around in the same cars which for me would spoil the spectacle a bit. Juha did sign up for the Ferrari on page 5 Mark.
For me, and Erik mentioned it in the server, its more disappointing that people sign up and then don't show up, especially if they have taken a car that someone else might want.

Steve I must have just snuck this in before you; I did see his post after reviewing again but point is I posted before him and fortunately for me and dissappointing that Juha didn't show but it could have been similar circumstance to what was already seen yesterday. Not trying to make a stink out of any of this. I agree that having unique cars is part of the fun we're having.
I'm sorry I do see Juha's post but it was well after mine. Guess my finger babbling makes me invisible? Sorry mates not trying to be sarcastic just trying to stay positve :)

Cutting and pasting is kind of primitive. Has to be an easier way. I know some of us have web pages myself included. I would be willing to house such a link to said system. Lee could just list the link to it.
cool video Erik, the sign up system has always worked pretty well in all of my time here providing it is updated on a regular basis, what doesn't help and what happened last night is when someone doesn't sign up but turns up in a car someone has already bagged, I'm not having a pop at the other Erick just saying what happened last night, it's only a game (I prefer simulation :D) but it's nice to see a variety of cars not 3 of these and 4 of those, if that happens it loses something IMO not least the awesome sound at the start of different engines roaring off, I am a Williams nut and do like driving them but I do like to drive the others as well, variety is the spice of life as they say, if it is really important to drive the same car then keep an eye open for the race thread to go up and then sign up for your favourite car, no one is allowed to pre book cars but Adam and Lee usually have a head start as they put the threads up :D I dont have a problem with that by the way.

At the moment apart from RDLMS, F1-92 on Sunday nights is the only racing I am doing and I really enjoy it, we have a hardcore of about 10 or 12 guys who are there every week and its a pleasure racing with you all, just dont steal my car................jk :D
Good points Martin! Key words: "providing it is updated on a regular basis" and "we have a hardcore of about 10 or 12 guys who are there every week and its a pleasure racing with you all, just dont steal my car"
Back at you Martin :)

I like to drive the Ligier all the time just for the sake of consistency. I also check the forum first thing every morning to see if the next race is posted so I can choose my car. I'm also a Williams freak, but I leave that car to the other guys that have been here longer than me. Beside the Ligier has the same Renault engine, I love that sound.

Like I said before, I won't be racing this coming Sunday, I'll be up north. So my car will be open, but just for the next race, lol.

Scott if the Williams is free when you next sign up take it man :D it doesn't matter how long someone has been here if it's free and you want to drive it take it
Hey Scott,that's what i did when i joined. I didn't think i was quick enough to warrent driving a beloved McLaren and decided i'd leave that to the quick guys,but then someone said to me,go for it,all the the cars are the same spec so,pick what car you would like.
So i did! This weeks race was the first time i took Sennas car,i usually take Bergers. It was free when i signed up.
F1 92 is the only game i'm playing just now too. I'm loving it! And i'm loving the guys i'm racing against! Apart from an incident with someone a few weeks ago,everyone else has been amazing! I think there's about 12 of us that show up EVERY week,'the dirty dozen' lol
I too watch to see when the next event/track is posted by Lee.....although i probably check it about 20 times a day lol I try and get a McLaren,because i'm a fan of the team. I like to drive the same car each week,like Scott said ''consistency''
When i joined this site,i was told,if i want to race i was to find an event i liked and ''sign up'' for that event. There for if i turned up for an event and was refused entry because i didn't sign up? Fare enough. Rules are rules. It's the same for all of us is it not?
:f1:

it's only a game (I prefer simulation :D) but it's nice to see a variety of cars not 3 of these and 4 of those, if that happens it loses something IMO not least the awesome sound at the start of different engines roaring off, I am a Williams nut and do like driving them but I do like to drive the others as well, variety is the spice of life as they say, if it is really important to drive the same car then keep an eye open for the race thread to go up and then sign up for your favourite car, no one is allowed to pre book cars but Adam and Lee usually have a head start as they put the threads up :D I dont have a problem with that by the way.

When I joined RD, the F1 '93 mod was used and we always had Mclaren's, Williams', Ferrari's, the odd Benetton and Lotus, and then maybe one or two others. I always used to pick the Williams but after a while it got too repetitive with everyone else using it so I changed to some of the lesser used cars.

With this mod, everything is the same apart from engine note (which you can get used to after a few laps) so there is no advantage of being any car. I too am a Williams nut (it helps that my 3 favourite drivers all drove for them and 2 of them won a world championship with them) and I always like to drive Mansell's car as he is my favourite driver. In the first 2 months this mod was used, I used a different car every week (Williams, Ferrari, Benetton, McLaren, Lotus, Andrea Moda, Brabham, Jordan). Also I would like to point out that Lee always puts up the thread and most times I don't know when he is going to do it so I got to get lucky when selecting cars too.

And ye, the good group of guys we have racing regularly are great to race with. After a while you get to know each other's driving characteristics and the races are better because of it. The one thing I have like is how everyone has improved with this mod since it was first used at Kyalami. In that first event, the field was spread right out, but now it is much closer which is great to see.

I only race here and with SimCar, and they also use this same mod. The only problem over at SimCar is we don't get enough drivers. We're lucky to get 10 in a race. I guess it's the race day and time that is hurting them. Thursday's at 6pm PST. Not a very good time for you guys across the pond.
I'll keep racing here as long as these club races continue. It's a great environment with good guys and good racing. I especially like the 2 race format. Gives you a second chance in case something goes wrong. 20 minutes x 2 isn't bad either.

I like to drive the Ligier all the time just for the sake of consistency. I also check the forum first thing every morning to see if the next race is posted so I can choose my car. I'm also a Williams freak, but I leave that car to the other guys that have been here longer than me. Beside the Ligier has the same Renault engine, I love that sound.

Like I said before, I won't be racing this coming Sunday, I'll be up north. So my car will be open, but just for the next race, lol.

Coming north, huh? Hopefully you'll make it past SF.:eek: If ya get this far you're on your own.:tongue:

I 1st found out about RD from Scott and was into the F1 92 big time. My online participation had flagged over the last 6mo or so and RDs' club format was new to me but very good.

Signing up for the races I feel it is incumbent on me to show up and if not say so.

I would like to see the car selection stay the way it is for the sake of realism and the gorgeous replays.

Me, as a slower guy I push the realism factor even more in my way by staying with historically slower teams.:cool:

As Martin said, the weekly meeting with the Dirty Dozen is getting better all the time.

Adam, I didn't start watching F1 until the 92 season and was hooked on Mansell from the start.
When he left F1 to race Champcars (back before the cursed IRL:mad:) Was prolly the greatest season Champcar had for a decade.

Oh yeh FWIW I thot Michael Andretti for Mansell u guys got the short end of that stick. :wink:

Question- in what way does the ranking system affect the racing? When i enter for a race,and then take part,i'm just trying to do the best i can. I'm only thinking of finishing the best i can with the cards i'm dealt.I'm not thinking of my ranking,at all.
True,when i see a little improvment in the numbers,it makes me smile. Other than that? I don't think of it.

I agree with Chas. In what way was the racing better without rankings?
I got bumped off the track in one race, I had a guy come straight out of the pits into turn 1 just when I was on a fast lap in qualifying for race 2, so for me the driving Sunday was worse than usual.
I think most of our “regulars” do everything possible to avoid any problems we just need to make sure the newcomers – and I hope there are plenty – try and adhere to the same standards as the rest of us. I did express a concern that we have a guy who speaks no English so does know the rules?

mmmmm,i share Steves concerns also.
I was also surprised to know that there are some drivers that use 'controllers' rather than a steering wheel.
I guess it was my own ignorince to think everyone used a wheel. Doh!
But that may explain times when i see a car in front driving irratic lines round some bends!
When i used to play my ps2 :-s many years ago! I couldn't ever get 'smooth lines' when racing. That's what made me go and buy a wheel!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%