rF2 F1 1992 @ Monza - Sun April 3rd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Q1: A good lap but felt I could of crept into the 23's, however, it was still enough for pole.

R1: A poor start and Andreas shot past me and then Erik tried getting past but I held him off into turn 1. I stuck myself on Andreas' gearbox for the remainder of the lap and as we were on the run down to the Parabolica, Erik went around the outside of both of us and then spun off under braking. I had an attempt at Andreas into turn 1 on lap 2 but missed my braking point and overshot the chicane, rejoined in the lead but slowed to allow Andreas back through. Followed him for another lap and then tried the move again but as soon as I pulled out, he sped away, so I had to stay in behind him for as long as possible before making the move on the brakes. Managed to stop it in time and took the lead. Now I had to scamper away enough through sector 2 to make sure Andreas didn't get a slipstream on me towards the end of the lap especially as he was faster on the straights. Got the gap and held on to the lead till the end.

Q2: Slightly slower than Q1 but even if I matched it, I would stil not of been near Andreas' time, so P2.

R2: Another poor start but a few around me did as well, apart from Andreas. Andreas missed the chicane and we went side-by-side through Curva Grande and on the brakes into the Roggia chicane. He held the inside and kept the position through the chicane. I followed him for the rest of the lap and tried another move into turn 1. Andreas braked at the same time which surprised me but he overshot and that allowed me through on the approach to the Roggia chicane. He started having a battle with Chas which allowed me to open a nice gap, which I held onto till the end.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Quali 1- P4 on a 1:25.2
Race 1- as Steve mentioned? I was admiring the start lights which were so bright,the liiiiights were preeeetty! Oh dang! They're off!
I lost 5 positions before i entered turn 1. Jeez! Got my head down and just tried the best i could. Managed to gain a few positions as others spun. I passed Martin as he collieded with a damaged car,that should have been in the garage i reckon!
Regained P4 and finished there.

Quali 2- P3 on a 1:24.515 :)
Race 2- i got away much better this time! phew! Staying ahead of Wayne going into turn 1 and staying with Andreas and Adam for the first laps. Start of lap 3 was the begining of the battle for P2 :D Andreas and i changing positions for the next few laps :) Nice pass going into turn 1 and others with a tow leading into last corner,real good racin'
After lap 8 or so he eaked out a few tengths a lap untill we finished with a gap over just over 4 seconds.
Best finish so far for me here so,i'm pleased tonight.
Really enjoyed racing with everyone tonight,thanks guys :cool:

I apologize for bumping into you in race 2 Steve, I was so focused on getting a good exit through that chicane that I didn't pay much attention to you. In hindsight I obviously should have.
I fully accept your apology Daniel. I didn't have a problem with the accident but RD servers are of a high standard because drivers adhere to the server rules, particularly this one:

If you hit another driver during a casual club race and disadvantage him, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful.

A few weeks ago me and Adam were fighting for the lead at zandvoort and he knocked me off at the last corner. He waited for me to rejoin which allowed me to win. This is why RD servers are the best.
Look forward to racing you next week.

Great racing today guys. Pure fun.

I won't be able to race next week. We'll be up north at a wedding. I will be back the week after though.

I'll have my server running (cockpit view) as soon as the next track is announced.

As usual a great time with a great mod!

Aside from not being able to do basic mathematics and running out of gas in R1, I did OK for me.:tongue:

In R2, I goofed a bit into the 2nd chicane and went into the grass and I was holding my breath hoping I wouldn't smash into anyone.:hammer:

This is a great racenite and I'm looking fwd to the next one.

Thanx to Lee, RD and the F1 92 crowd.:cool:

Qual: Set a pb and qualed 5th.

Race 1: Had a fantastic start and were up to 2nd, but I braked earlier and fault down to 3rd. As Adam says later on the lap, the run down to parabolica was a bit crazy. I had much less downforce than both the leaders. So I booooosted past them. Then couldn't control my nerves and double down shifted.. :frown: Nothing much happened before lap 7 where I pitted. Well I overtook some cars, but doh. My car were so fast that they couldn't touch me in the braking zones. :) Two laps after I pitted I set the race fastest. And the lap after, I'm to early on the acclerator in Lezmo 1, and spins off. Lost two wheels there. So my perfect plan and setup were broken by two mistakes.. :frown:

I appreciate you guys urging me to join but as you now know I didn't. I lost internet connection around 5pm and that was out all night, but I had decide not to join anyway.
I struggled to get below .40 even on a clear track with no traffic so I would have been a mobile chicane within about 4 laps, not what the rest of you, nor me, would have wanted and that would not be 'fun' to me.

With a replay file I could overlay it with my lap to see where I was losing so much time. That would have either given me an idea of where to improve or made me realise that I am not a 1992 F1 driver and may be better in a tin-top.

Dave

Nice Erik,

I used to do the hilight viddys for a MASHCAR league I was in once.

I see I made it in there as the hapless Larryousse was passed like it was standing still by Erik the Pole.:cool::tongue:

Looks like I might get to race after all. Please sign me up for the other Ferrari. Thanks.

I'll start by saying it was another great week of RD. I finally put together a complete solid day of racing.

On another note there were some problems with duplicate cars. Now that I look into it it looks like I could have ran into the same problem. Thankfully I didn't.

I went through all the posts. I only found that Tommi Ojala had signed up for the Alesi Ferrari before me. Yet on the first page which lists the cars and the drivers that asked for them I see that Juha Maki Jouppi is listed for the other Ferrari driver. When I signed up I thought I checked and only Tommi was listed.

I don't like the piddling over crap like this as I've indicated frequently. If this policy is going to be enforced then IMO you need a better system. If it's going to be official then it needs an official location that drivers can check a car off or something of the sort. I don't know how Juha got signed up for the second Ferrari I don't see any posts for it.

That way there's no piddling about who's driving what. You either check it off or you don't. Word of mouth shouldn't be allowed for sign ups or waiting for someone else to fill in the sheet either. I know it's all fun and it has been great fun but after yesterday and seeing this today, I'm sure there's a couple of others that would agree with me.

I'll start by saying it was another great week of RD. I finally put together a complete solid day of racing.

On another note there were some problems with duplicate cars. Now that I look into it it looks like I could have ran into the same problem. Thankfully I didn't.

I went through all the posts. I only found that Tommi Ojala had signed up for the Alesi Ferrari before me. Yet on the first page which lists the cars and the drivers that asked for them I see that Juha Maki Jouppi is listed for the other Ferrari driver. When I signed up I thought I checked and only Tommi was listed.

I don't like the piddling over crap like this as I've indicated frequently. If this policy is going to be enforced then IMO you need a better system. If it's going to be official then it needs an official location that drivers can check a car off or something of the sort. I don't know how Juha got signed up for the second Ferrari I don't see any posts for it.

That way there's no piddling about who's driving what. You either check it off or you don't. Word of mouth shouldn't be allowed for sign ups or waiting for someone else to fill in the sheet either. I know it's all fun and it has been great fun but after yesterday and seeing this today, I'm sure there's a couple of others that would agree with me.

You could just copy and paste the original list and add your own name which would save Lee doing it. I think we are all mature enough not to delete someone elses name and put our own in.
I think Adams point was valid that everyone could be running around in the same cars which for me would spoil the spectacle a bit. Juha did sign up for the Ferrari on page 5 Mark.
For me, and Erik mentioned it in the server, its more disappointing that people sign up and then don't show up, especially if they have taken a car that someone else might want.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back