rF2 F1 1992 @ Mid-Ohio - Sun May 22nd 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm trying to set my new wheel up for this race but the shape of my desk won't allow it. I have a vertical plank running along the underside at the front, and this means that my clamp won't work.
I have clamped the wheel to a spare piece of wood, and I rest this on the desk. However, it is difficult to go to full lock because the wood will move. Are there any ways of fixing this piece of wood to the desk? I'll obviously need to be able to remove it when it's not in use.

You could drill some holes through the wood and bolt it to the desk. Obviously wont do a lot for the desk but its only a desk.
What wheel you got Kyle? Most wheels will fit on a thick desk. Have you extended the clamps to their fullest level?

So I am assuming your desk has a lip on the front which is thicker than the rest of the desk. Those little feet on the clamp look like they may be adjustable. Can you unscrew them to give you more height?

It's not thicker than the rest of the desk, it's just a plank whose sole purpose is to get in the way. I'm not sure if taking it out would be a good idea.
And no, those little feet aren't adjustable. If the clamp had a longer screw holding it to the wheel (and I mean a LOT longer) then it would work for this desk.

Not in these cars for sure !

Q1: Did alright as I had less than 30min in the car ever, ended up 10th :)

R1: Up and down really... Wasn't consistent enough for my liking, doing stupid mistakes, still managed 9th in a broken field...

Q2: About the same as Q1 ! Ended 10th even though I was faster by a few tenths :p

R2: Managed to stay alive on the 1st lap... I was running 12th which was disappointing, even more as we were only 13 left ! But then drama, spun in the last corner, lost a wheel...

F1 + Me = Disaster :)

Qually session 1:
Wasn't expecting much with nearly no practice but managed to get pole!
Race 1 got away infront but entering sector 3 made a rare mistake which put me into barriers and had 3 wheels on my wagon... Limped to pits for damage repair and came out last!! Then just got my head down and pumped in the laps! Got upto p3 in the last lap but a backmarker helped the driver behind me pass as I had to back off!
So p4 from dead last with 3wheels isn't a bad result!

Qually session 2:
Missed pole by less than a tenth due to some little mistakes!
Race start: got into the lead from a good launch into turn 1 and stayed there all race with Adam trying to hang on but a back marker spoilt his race unfortunatly.

I liked the track;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back